Sweet cream..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenneelk

Reaction score
Should have stuck with straight white since its my sweet cream scent (smells like cake) but went for tan and browns which didn't happen. Started that way but again had issue with my new celestial colors. They really morphed to a greenish blue.

image.jpg

If you say it smells like cake, looking at those I can see the scent going with the look. Nice job (even if it wasn't what you wanted)!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Yes it does smell like cake. :) But those darker swirls look kinda gray on my computer but are actually a green blue grey.. pretty but just doesn't seem to much like cake in person. Thanks though.. the new swirl I tried came out nice I think so pleased with that. Love how simple it is and will def do it again!

What a bummer about your colors! The swirls are so pretty though, even if it wasn't what you had planned. I personally really like it, the colors look very sophisticated to me.

I really like it, I can see the blue gray and its pretty. I've been thinking about a sweet cream scent but not one that is so sweet it smells like food. Not sure if such a thing exists.
Have you been gelling your new colors? Maybe try freezing a batch and see if helps.

I think that you soap looks wonderful. Perhaps you can give it a catchy name to be suitable for cake? It looks so nice!

Love the swirls! Do you think it was the Celestial colors morphing or could the FO be changing the color? Curious because I was thinking about buying some colorants from them.

I really like it, I can see the blue gray and its pretty. I've been thinking about a sweet cream scent but not one that is so sweet it smells like food. Not sure if such a thing exists.
Have you been gelling your new colors? Maybe try freezing a batch and see if helps.

I have been lately.. usually they just go bright but this one changed on me. I'll have to try one with the celestial that isn't gelled but really that won't be good since I'm liking gel more. Did one today in the fridge since my mom was here and baking cookies so no CPOP and I worry of partial gel, and while the colors are nice, the setup is SLOW! LOL

Love the swirls! Do you think it was the Celestial colors morphing or could the FO be changing the color? Curious because I was thinking about buying some colorants from them.

IDK.. this is the 2nd batch with them and color change again. I will give it one more go and then I'm calling them. Going to use my good standby slow tracing that I use for lots of colors.. hasn't failed me yet. Will see if it does now. Celestial has a great reputation so really hoping it's just been odd coincidence. kwim?

Latest posts

Back