Sweet Cakes advice please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerelife

Reaction score
Hello!
I know all FO suppliers have hits and misses (some more than others), AND I realize that all of our noses are different!
I've never ordered from Sweet Cakes before, so I'm curious about everyone's thoughts on their FOs in general and the following in particular:

Black Currant Rose
Clean (type)
Hotel Costes (type)
Masculine Musk - BTW, I don't care for the WSP FO with the same name.
Nectarine Blossom & Honey (Jo Malone type)
Sea Spice
Tide (type) - super cheap at $5 for 2oz, can't go too wrong with that.

I checked on the FO review chart, but didn't see any of these :(

Thanks in advance!

I just recently ordered Masculine Musk. I haven't soaped with it yet but I did use it in a lotion. I think it smells ok, but for me, it's nothing remarkable- it smells like cologne. My husband thinks it smells like a fried fish restaurant. Lol

Sweet Cakes, in general, has high quality and long lasting FOs. Most of my experience has been using them in M&P, and of the three I've tried from your list all were used in M&P. It's been awhile since I've had any of these, but here is what I remember:
Clean - for me just ok, but others seemed to like it. It was strong.
Masculine Musk - definitely male cologne, but I like it.
Nectarine Blossom & Honey - pleasant, but nothing spectacular and I didn't order more

SweetCakes is one of my (several) go-to vendors to order from. The only ones I have used from your list are Masculine Musk and Clean. Both soap great and are long-lasting, strong FOs. Their Masculine Musk is a favorite around here. It turns the color of my soap to a muted pinkish/mauve-like hue in my CP, though, so I've taken to renaming my bars made with it 'Ancient Sedona' after the lovely pink/red colors of the Sedona, AZ landscape.

I have a 1oz sample of their Tide FO, but I have not used it in anything yet.

For what its worth, my favorites from them are these:

Mango Tea
Pomegranate
Masculine Musk
Cucumber Melon
Northwoods
Orange Blossom
Santa's Pipe
True Rose
Warm Vanilla Sugar (I only use this one in perfumes)

IrishLass :)

Back