Sweet Anise Cider Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpduty51

Reaction score
Here is a picture of yesterday's cider soap.
I posted the recipe (for advice--thank you all!) Friday night.
The EO combo is orange 5X, rosewood, cedarwood, black pepper and anise.

I boiled hard apple cider and let it go flat. I substituted 1/2 of the h2o for the cider. Next time I think I'll add more cider (or beer) than water.

The color is because I included 5 oz of golden palm oil in with the regular palm--I discovered this coloring by accident with my first batch.
It is a golden rod color and I like it.

I am happy with it so far.

SAM_2959.JPG

Very nice! the combination of EO sounds interesting. Is the anise stronger than the cedarwood?

I can't tell right now.
I wanted the anise to be a note, but not to dominate. So I am glad it is settling. The cedarwood is an warm note underneath right now and the anise is brighter. Does that make sense? I can smell the rosewood underneath. But I have to shut my eyes to catch it. I am so weird. The orange is an even note with the anise. I think this will keep changing as it finishes.
Thanks for your interest.
Back to raking the yard!

Hi All,

I haven't posted any soap pictures for awhile, but am still busy experimenting and have a couple things to share.

The soap has activated charcoal and Tussah silk. Oils are oo, palm, co, avacado, castor and apricot kernel.
EOs are orange, basil, bergomot, black pepper and litsea cubeba. It has a nice scent.
It looks kind of witchy--hence the Wicked Barbie inclusion for the photo shoot! I haven't named it yet.
I've since washed off a little ash that formed on the sides ---looks great, smells even better.

The second image is of the label I made for a soap I made as a bridal shower party favor. I wanted to show you because I used a Graphics Fairy image to make it--very easy. Graphics Fairy has free vintage images for people to use. Not to use to sell things, but I don't sell so that is fine. I packaged the soap in a brown waxed paper bag then put the card on the top and tied with vintage ribbon. It was pretty--I tucked a vintage hankie on the back side. Everyone was pleased with their favors.

Take care all, kpduty

SAM_3388.jpg

View attachment ladies in Waiting complexion soap graphic.pdf

Both soaps are very pretty. I can't wait to try my hand at something like that.

I like the idea of Nightmare before Christmas name

For Halloween:
Witch's Brew
Cauldron Soap
Double Bubble Soap Trouble
Hocus Pocus
Dusk on Halloween

Thanks everyone for compliments and name suggestions.
With this soap I am thinking about the goddess Hecate... also considered a witch. She is sometimes called Queen of the Night and she has a black dog.
I like Queen of the Night for a name, but am still thinking. Suggestions welcome.

Back