Sweating/ softness issues

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am new to soaping.

Can I ask everyone here what are the best Melt and Pour brands with no harmful chemicals for Singapore with a usual 80 plus% humidity?

I bought a (what i think is a crafter's choice, the retailer removed the brand.) base of baby buttermilk and clear base and they started sweating a few hours after I molded them. Even with a fan running full speed on the ceiling. I have since put the still molded soaps in an airtight container with a desiccant. Will putting a fan directly on the soaps for a few days helps more?

I have bought shrink wrap planning to wrap them once I unmold them but I was afraid that once I gave them away my friends will unmold them and it will start sweating again.

I love making the crystal kinds of soaps so I would really hope that sweating would not affect the appearance of them.

The retailer says I can also add some stearic acid to harden the soaps as well. Is that recommended?

Thank you for any help!!

I would put the fan right on them. Once unmolded and dry I would wrap them immediately. I've used Crafters Choice with no issues, but mostly imbeds.
Thank you for your advice! Would they still sweat after it's unwrapped? Would directing a fan on the unmolded soaps for a few days (curing them) resolve the sweating issue once and for all?

No. M and P continue to sweat for their lifetime.
You can buy “low sweat” bases but note that they aren’t called “NO sweat”.

Shrink wrap is the way to go with m and p.

Thank you! I did put a fan directly on them and they are sweating even though they are low sweat. I'll definitely shrink wrap them as soon as they are unmolded next time!

STEPHENSON BRAND ALWAYS AND 4 EVER :)

Hi I am new to soaping.

Can I ask everyone here what are the best Melt and Pour brands with no harmful chemicals for Singapore with a usual 80 plus% humidity?

I bought a (what i think is a crafter's choice, the retailer removed the brand.) base of baby buttermilk and clear base and they started sweating a few hours after I molded them. Even with a fan running full speed on the ceiling. I have since put the still molded soaps in an airtight container with a desiccant. Will putting a fan directly on the soaps for a few days helps more?

I have bought shrink wrap planning to wrap them once I unmold them but I was afraid that once I gave them away my friends will unmold them and it will start sweating again.

I love making the crystal kinds of soaps so I would really hope that sweating would not affect the appearance of them.

The retailer says I can also add some stearic acid to harden the soaps as well. Is that recommended?

Thank you for any help!!

Latest posts

Back