Quantcast

SWAP SIGN-UPS!: Spring Has Sprung

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Tabitha

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I thought it was about time we had a swap on this fun forum!

For anyone who does not know how a swap works, I will describe the process.

1) The swap hostess start a thread for people to sign up for the swap for approx 7 days.
2) When sign-ups close, the swap hostess announce how many participants we have & a due date , approx 3 weeks.
3) For instance, if 10 people sign-up, you make 10 items & mail them in to the swap hostess prior to the due date along with enough money or stamps for your box of goodies to be sent back to you.
4) The swap hostess divides up the goodies & send one of everything to everyone.
5) Everyone then reports when they get their boxes & gives each person a compliment about the item they received from them.
6) Last but not least, everyone wallows in all the new bath/body/candle/etc products.

This is a great way to get feedback on your items as well as some free & decedent handmade goodies.

THEME: Our theme this time will be “SPRING HAS SPRUNG“. Let your creativity run wild w/ the scents, shapes & colors of Springtime!

DUE DATE: Boxes will be due March 30th, & will be re-boxed & shipped back out ASAP!

ITEMS: You can send *any scented item* you would like, bath/body/aromatherapy/candle/M&P soap/CP soap/etc Your swap item should carry a retail value of $4.00-$8.00. Please make sure your items are labeled & presented nicely. Please make sure you items are well protected in transit & won’t leak. I like to individually ziplock bag each of my items & roll them in either tissue or bubble wrap to protect them from the postmen. Make sure the items you send are all the same or similar, so when we all begin to chat about what we have received, we have the same/similar items for comparison. Recipes are always welcomed & encouraged, BTW- where did you get that great scent?

SHIPPING: Return shipping will probably be in the flat rate priority boxes. I don't care how you get it to me, but I will most likely use the flat rate priority boxes to return the items to you. Return shipping will be $8.25.

DROP OUTS: Drop outs are frowned upon, but if there are any drop outs or no shows, that extra item you send in will be donated to a woman's shelter or returned to you in your return box by your request.

I'm really excited about this swap and I hope that everyone else is too! This is a new forum & this is a good way to get acquainted!

BY THE WAY: Everyone should know that the forum owner & modertaors are in no way responsible for this swap. I have permission to host a swap from admin but am doing so as an individual. Thanks, Tabitha

pepperi27

Reaction score
Soap Swap

I'd like to join the soap swap but I'm not sure I have ten items to send? Can I send more of one thing for example four sample size soap and six other items and so forth.

Tabitha

Reaction score
If only 6 people sign-up, you send in 6 things, we won't necessarily get up to 10 people.

The items should at least similar. You would not want to send on 2 bars of soap, 3 lotions & a lip balm. You could send in 6 lotions but in different scents though.

pepperi27

Reaction score
Ok forgive me this is my absolute first time doing this. If I wanted to send lotions it can be in different scents but don't send 3 different soaps? Just making sure cause I don't want to send something that I shouldn't :D And the similarity should be like same scent for all products? Just want to be sure like I said before I do this. Thanks for the quick response Oh and the money to send should be a mo right?

Tabitha

Reaction score
Your 1st swap will be confusing, it always is, but then you will be addicted!

Ideally you would send identical items. That is not always realistic though. If you have 4 Strawberries & Cream soaps & 2 Sun Ripe Raspberry soaps, that is fine.

What we don't want to happen is Jane Doe has 1 bar of dented soap left over from Valentines day, 2 Pine tree scented bath salts left over from Christmas, 1 lip balm her neighbor gave her & a scrub she made for her sister but her sister didn't like it so she put it all in a box & sends it in marked "spring swap". Yes, this does happen!

If the items are the same or similar it is easier for everyone to compare notes too. Everyone will write how they liked the item which is a good way to see how other people react to your items. You may get pointers or tips from people that try your item too. So it is a smoother process if they are the same or similar.

I hope that made sense.

Tabitha

Reaction score
1) Tabitha
2) Pepperi
3)
4)
5)
6)

Come on & sign-up. It'll be fun!

nikki

Reaction score
Ooh - this sounds like a really fun idea, but I'm just barely getting into soap making and don't think I can have anything ready to send in time. Count me in for the next swap though. Hopefully I'll have it down by then.

Tabitha

Reaction score
nikki,
If you are worried about cure time, you can always label it "Do not use before (insert date here)."

Mandy

Reaction score
I added an announcement because not a lot of people venture this far into the forum and I want to make sure everyone sees this post. I think this is a great way to get people aquainted and involved.

Sign me up!!

Tabitha

Reaction score
Yippie... that's three!

1) Tabitha
2) Pepperi
3) Mandy
4)
5)
6)

Tabitha

Reaction score
I am extending the sign-ups for a few more days. I don't think this sale forum is getting many hits. I cross posted it to the soap, bath & body and candle forums for extra exposure.

If the cross posts are inappropriate I apologize & admin may delete them. Thanks-Tabitha

Mandy

Reaction score
No problem - post it wherever you see fit. I'd like to see as many people sign up for this as we can get.

Tabitha

Reaction score
Well girls, it does not look like there is going to be enough interest to hold a swap just yet. We can leave this post here & see if we can get a few more people to pop in. If so we can extened the swap dates & go ahead w/ it.

I think I will go ahead & go back to the 1st post & alter the dates now & see if that helps :wink: .

Tabitha

Reaction score
I would like to! The spring swap did not make. We couldn't get enough people to commit. Maybe I will try again if peolpe think they would like one.