SW MO ice storm updated;

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Here are a few shots Phyllis took a few minutes ago. It is sunny outside, but still only 18* and ice all over everything;

My Suburban covered in 1 inch of ice;
icestorm2007.jpg

icestorm2006.jpg

Looking across the highway at some trees;
icestorm2009.jpg

Our poor little Willow tree;
icestorm2008.jpg

icestorm2012.jpg

Stargazer Lilies left over from my sisters wedding bring warmth into our cold world;
icestorm2002.jpg

icestorm2005.jpg

Paul

Those are perfect liliies! I was a floral designer for 15 years & sometimes we would have to pick through 10 stems of gazer lilies to find blooms perfect enough for a wedding. I am inpressed w/ the shop those came from!

Lilies

Hey Tab, Paul is always saying that you and I have so much in common. I too was a floral designer to. When I pre-ordered these for my sister-inlaws wedding I ordered 50 stems thinking the same. I just knew that I would have to go thru several stems to get them perfect enough for the wedding. But the store I ordered them from knew it was for a wedding and ordered them in with a 4 day window and left them out so they would be open for me along with the Calalilies I ordered. It turned out so beautiful I wasn't sure I remembered how to do everything but when I started it was like falling off a bike. I put rice lights in the brides bouquet and used shimmer ribbon with it I couldn't have ask for it to be better. I really miss the biz but there is just not enough money in it or good insurance to go with the job. Do you miss it?

I do, and today is FEB 13TH! My daughter was due to be born on VDay in 98, I was up at the shop at like 8 or 9pm & you know how it gets. The local news crew was there with cameras & they pointed out "look what a loyal designer we have here, she is so pregnant she is about to pop". They asked when I was due & I said that day but I was holding her in at least long enought to get the last order out the door. They were all *afraid* for me, but I musta made 50 dozen roses that day & I was the shop manager so I was arranging the drivers & so on, not to mention the fruit cake customers that did not understand why the 400 people that pre-ordered were being served before those who just showed up on VDay after the shop had officially closed looking for leftoevers... :roll:. I remember standing on a table to get everyones attention yelling "1 dozen roses should only take you 8 minutes :shock: (the vases were already taped & had water in them) , please check your speed". Wow, the good ol' days huh?

BTW: My daughter held on another 2 weeks. She was VERY overdue!

Beautiful lilies!

How are people handling going to work? Is everything closed?

I would rather have my cold than your ice anyday. That is just
scary, scary stuff. Mother Nature has a way of changing our
plans for us. But oh, the poor trees.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your boquet of flowers. That
just made my day. Take care.

Soapmaker Man said:
Here are a few shots Phyllis took a few minutes ago. It is sunny outside, but still only 18* and ice all over everything;

My Suburban covered in 1 inch of ice;
icestorm2007.jpg

icestorm2006.jpg

Looking across the highway at some trees;
icestorm2009.jpg

Our poor little Willow tree;
icestorm2008.jpg

icestorm2012.jpg

Stargazer Lilies left over from my sisters wedding bring warmth into our cold world;
icestorm2002.jpg

icestorm2005.jpg

Paul
Wow! Makes me shiver just looking at it! :lol: The flowers are beautiful. I got those for my mother once. The entire house smelled wonderful for days!

Back