Suspicious Connection Blocked by my Puter blocker plz check

Discussion in 'SMF Announcements, Comments, Help & Rules' started by Lin19687, Feb 14, 2020.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Feb 14, 2020 #1

Lin19687

Lin19687

Lin19687

Please check your site !
    Over the last few days of me being on here I keep getting bombarded with a { sherv . net } trying to gain access to my Puter. I think there is another one, but this all started Mid January.

It is ONLY this site.
    Please be aware and I hope others have blockers on their puters since I don't know what it is and I have never had this here before with a Pop-up from my Bitdefender.

2. Feb 14, 2020 #2

IrishLass

IrishLass

IrishLass

Staff Member Admin

I used to use sherv . net for a few years for some of my free smilies and recently stopped using them because they got hacked. My computer is so battened down that it no longer let's me have access to their site. I will let Angie know.

IrishLass :)

3. Feb 14, 2020 #3

Obsidian

Obsidian

Obsidian

Sounds like you have some kind of malware. Run your cleaner, see if it finds anything. If not, google the sherv. net and see if any info comes up on it.

4. Feb 14, 2020 #4

Angie

Angie

Angie

Staff Member Admin

I have just added that link to the censored list, so it will not work on this site. I'll let the developer know, also.
    Thanks for reporting it.

BrSoaper likes this.
  5. Feb 15, 2020 #5

Relle

Relle

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic Staff Member Admin SPONSOR

Nothing wrong here, I just went there, now I can't use a bunny emoticon from their site, because you have blocked the site. My pc is not getting anything from there blocked and we have plenty security here, it's as tight as a drum.
    Please unblock it.

cmzaha likes this.
  6. Feb 15, 2020 #6

Lin19687

Lin19687

Lin19687

Yup, looks like it is coming form the Smiles that are on here. Must have added new ones? Does anyone know When new ones were added??
    Either way it is setting off my Bitdefender so I would think it would be worthwhile to check on them to make sure there isn't anything else going on. Would hate to have something embedded in it that got on everyone Puter.
    I was on another forum that this happened to, same thing a smilie added, but since I was away for 3 weeks it was fixed before I had gone on the forum. but man o man there were some pretty peoed Truck owners on that forum that got something they didn't want.

7. Feb 15, 2020 #7

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

I agree about unblocking it because have a few emoticon's I cannot use now. My computer is well protected and I never had any issues on the forum related to sherv.net

8. Feb 16, 2020 #8

Angie

Angie

Angie

Staff Member Admin

I unblocked it this morning.

9. Feb 16, 2020 #9

Arimara

Arimara

Arimara

Supporting Member

If I can make this suggestion- Malwarebytes is a great tool to prevent malware attacks. It's compatible with many different free/paid antiviruses and I've come to value the protection it has given when I accidentally type the wrong site address (it's been happening a lot more than I'd like to admit). You can try the premium version for free for about 30 days before you're given the choice to buy it or keep the free version. The main difference between the two is that the premium offers real time protection whereas the free version requires you to scan daily for your protection. Again, I'm only throwing it out there and it is much easier to deal with than other malware busting programs.

10. Feb 16, 2020 #10

Lin19687

Lin19687

Lin19687

Just an FYI, my puter IS paid protected. This was not something that came from my puter but something that came from the site. The Smilies.
    It alerted me to the possible threat on this site which is why I posted what I posted. This was the 1st time, since I have been on this site, that this alert came. I wanted to let someone know so that who ever does the background on the site can check it.

I am glad that it is not an issue and that it turned out ok but I sure would rather have a smilie blocked while it is being checked out so no one does get anything on their puter.
    I still get the warning from bitdefender when I click on the smile in the toolbar.

Thank you Angie for checking on it :)

artemis likes this.
  11. Feb 17, 2020 #11

IrishLass

IrishLass

IrishLass

Staff Member Admin

My computer let's me go to Sherv . net now without a problem.

IrishLass :)

Draft saved Draft deleted