Surprisingly wonderful homemade mold results!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagebrush

Reaction score
So, a little while back I made a couple of molds using sage leaves to make the imprints. My intended use was (and still is) to make a stamp for product bags. Yesterday, I was making a batch of soap that always has a little extra batter that comes over the top of my mold, so I decided just to pour some into these molds. I'm amazed! They popped right out after I stuck them in the freezer for a bit, the details showed up really well. There was still a bit of leftover sage leaf in the leaf vein on the big one, so just ignore that...I won't be selling that one :)
The cavity produces a soap that's about 1.5oz, so it's a perfect guest or travel soap size. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1401403068.451331.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1401403082.704753.jpg

Nice!!! Was it hard to make your mold? I would love to make a stamp or something with my logo on it. Great job!

Thanks, everybody! I'm very pleased :)

Nice!!! Was it hard to make your mold? I would love to make a stamp or something with my logo on it. Great job!

It wasn't hard at all to make the mold, surprisingly. I got some Amazing Putty from a craft store, then used a block of wood to shape it into a rectangle and also to press the leaves into the putty.

That is awesome! I'd love to know your process here.

Reinbeau, I used Amazing Putty for the mold, then pressed the sage leaves into the putty, used a block of wood to push up the sides, let the putty cure, then took off the wood and the leaf, and voila!

Latest posts

Back