Surprise-Inside Soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steffamarie

Reaction score
Made this new beauty yesterday and I'm absolutely LOVING how it turned out. The embeds are soap curls from a rainbow layered soap I made a couple of months ago, with random confetti in the bottom layer.
Ranbow Surprise.jpg

But aside from the beautiful pattern it made, there was another special surprise inside when I was cutting. After the first two bars, my wire stopped near the bottom of the soap. I turned my soap loaf over and...

Rainbow Surprise 2.jpg

I wondered where that had gone!!!! I lost it while I was making the soap and I guess it wanted to hide. It left a cool imprint in the bottom of the loaf, and you can see in each bar where it was XD

Rainbow Surprise 3.jpg
Rainbow Surprise 4.jpg
Rainbow Surprise 5.jpg

Made this new beauty yesterday and I'm absolutely LOVING how it turned out. The embeds are soap curls from a rainbow layered soap I made a couple of months ago, with random confetti in the bottom layer.
View attachment 39783

But aside from the beautiful pattern it made, there was another special surprise inside when I was cutting. After the first two bars, my wire stopped near the bottom of the soap. I turned my soap loaf over and...

View attachment 39784

I wondered where that had gone!!!! I lost it while I was making the soap and I guess it wanted to hide. It left a cool imprint in the bottom of the loaf, and you can see in each bar where it was XD

View attachment 39785 View attachment 39786 View attachment 39787
:lol:

Very pretty soap! I’ve got some neon rainbow soap curls I’ve been debating what to do with. Your soap gives me some ideas...but how the heck did you manage to embed a full size spatula into your soap loaf??

Btw...we have the same stick blender:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh, I did not even notice the spatula when I first looked at the photo!

Good thing you didn't sell the log to someone, right?

Guess you need to institute a sponge count procedure, no I mean a spatula count procedure. (surgical reference, in case someone doesn't get it)

Oh, and yes, that is really cool looking soap.

Thank you both so much for your sweet compliments! I’m very pleased with the end result...aside, of course, from the obvious

My boyfriend also said that I should have a surgical count procedure...which is extremely funny to me since I’m actually an OR nurse!!!! Counting in surgery? No problem!!! Clearly I should be implementing a soap count

That's not only a new one for me, but hilarious! Thanks for sharing, stef. Now I don't feel so bad about putting both hands in my lotion today to dig a couple of ice cubes out (don't ask :p). Also a first for me. Lovely soaps, btw. Well done. :thumbs:

You’d think I would have noticed it lying in my mold but not only did I have the mold lined with patterned oilcloth, but also I was using my tall and skinny mold which meant that the sides somewhat impaired my view.

In addition to that, I was just moving too fast. The white was starting to get a little thick and I didn’t want it to get so hard that I couldn’t fill in the gaps in the curls. That’s what I get for using tallow!

Thank you all for the lovely compliments!!! It’s certainly special-looking!!

This is amazing, @steffamarie ! Your soap is wonderful, and frankly, I think the purple spatula matches beautifully. That is the definition of an "embed"

I've been doing a deep read of GMP and StarSan, so had just finished reading an old post by @earlene about "clean" and "dirty" zones from nursing, and when I read about the missing spatula, my first thought was a sponge count, just like Earlene said!!!

Guess you need to institute a sponge count procedure, no I mean a spatula count procedure. (surgical reference, in case someone doesn't get it)

Latest posts

Back