surefire scents that everyone can enjoy :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far, my most popular is a chocolate amarreto soap I make. It's scented with one part Nature's Garden Amaretto and two parts Nature's Garden Almond.

I just purchased Nature's Garden OM&H because of the raves I have read about it, but have to say that, to me, it smells like baby powder. A bit disappointed. Maybe it will smell better after mixed in the soap.

I thank all of you for the input! Now I just need to figure out which 5 ill try first :shock:

Keep em coming!

I haven't been making the scented soap as long either, but I had great results so far with Black for Men type FO and Aromatherapy Energizing FO from NG. Several others have given me trouble. These are my favs right now, but I just bought a bunch of new ones :D super excited to try them. Sure wish BB would get caught up so I can get my new oils in, I'm at a soaping standstill :???:

I personally would never say that any soap is "unscented" to me that means you won't smell ANYTHING if you take a wiff. I believe that "no scent added" is more accurate.

90% of my market is for unscented (or no scent added) soaps. I sell to deer hunters that want to shower off their scent before hunting, they use it to launder their hunting clothes during the hunting season.
I sell to fishermen/women, to get that odor off of them after cleaning fish, I fish so I know.
I use it after chopping and peeling garlic, it's that good.
I sell to generally neurotic people that believe they have allergies when they don't.
Of the two scents Lavender and Jasmine, Jasmine sells out over Lavender every time.

I sell to generally neurotic people that believe they have allergies when they don't.

Of the two scents Lavender and Jasmine, Jasmine sells out over Lavender every time.

Your hillarious. Are you using Jasmine FO or EO. I love Jasmine but the EO is crazy $$ so I downgraded to Lyang Lyang.

Your hillarious. Are you using Jasmine FO or EO. I love Jasmine but the EO is crazy $$ so I downgraded to Lyang Lyang.

Fragrance oil. Awesome stuff. I get it from Brambleberry. You're right, it's downright highway robbery to get the real stuff.

I hate oatmeal milk and honey, lavender (any floral really). I won't soap with them at all, they make me sick. I don't mind most fruity smells. Favorite is probably peppermint

Latest posts

Back