supplies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirandazoo

Reaction score
Where do you get your oils, mica's, and botanicals? I am in process of leaving my current work and taking a long deserved break, but want to get my soap biz up and running this year. Can you all help me out?

Thanks a million!

Local saves shipping. I used to buy all my CO at Wal-Mart, but it went up 50% last week. It was $2.89 for 31.5 ounces and is now $4.38. I use Soapers Choice, AKA Columbus Foods for most of my hard to get oils and butters. Depends.... :)

Paul

I Would Suggest

I would suggest you do a search and check out some of the supplier threads. There's quite a few of them, and they often include customer feedback. See who's closest to your area, and go from there.

When I started researching learning to make soap, I also did some online research (Google) on where to buy soaping oils/colorants/herbs, etc. I discovered that some of the same suppliers kept coming up. I decided to try a few of them, and that's how I got my basic supplier list going.

There's a lot of info here. If you have questions about individual suppliers, for certain things, then ask for feedback.

Brambleberry (sketchy at times, but good stuff)

Essential Wholesale

Soap and Things (great link for vinyl labels)

Cranberry Lane

From Nature With Love

Snowdrift Farm

?? I have tons more links, but am forgetting them... Hope this helps.

I'm in love with Bramble berry, even more so now that I am on the west coast and shipping only takes about three days verses a week and a half...

Also, Peak's Candle has GREAT natural MP bases

Whole Sale Supplies Plus has a lot of hard to find things, but I have had a few problems with their FOs in CP, Good fixed oils though.

And Certified Lye is the BEST place to get lye, I think. Great fast service

Also, snowdrift farm has a good range of supplies and decent shipping.

Hope that helps!

Lane said:
I'm in love with Bramble berry, even more so now that I am on the west coast and shipping only takes about three days verses a week and a half...

I second that one! I think in another post I swore off BB (blame is on the dog and not them), but cant because they do have a great selection - I am also on the west coast... convienent too!

:)

Thank you all so much! I will be checking everything out this weekend and next week. I'm having surgery and will be layed up for a few days. Perfect time to do that!

I wish Walmart carried the Cocunet Oil. I'll see what the case price would be if they would order it such a way. Doesn't hurt to ask.

I knew you all would come through for me!

Back