Suppliers Comparison Pricing List

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltwater Scented

Reaction score
I started this on Facebook in its own group because there were lots of people in a colorant group noting they didn't know who had the best prices on what. Trying to compare was a good price on one product was getting lost in translation because one person was looking at deodorized organic cocoa butter wafers versus plain virgin cocoa butter.

I only went through a few of the suggested suppliers and it has gotten too time consuming.

The list includes any unique specialty versions of each ingredient because a basic unrefined yellow shea butter in soap would be much better as a deodorized organic refined shea butter for lip balms.

How to read this mess: Each price is per pound at the size quantity. $12.34# translates to $12.34 for a one pound size that company offers. $9.82 @ 7# is $9.82 per pound at the seven pound size which would come out to $68.60 total purchase price. Adding all that in would be too much so I split it per pound for easy comparison.
Some companies have oddball 14 or 15 ounce offerings so I put those noted as ounces. If there were offerings at 2, 4, 5, 9, (ad nauseum) ounces I noted those as oz.

I thought this the best forum because it will show new folks just how diverse the list of ingredients can be. I think it is around 375 oils/butters/waxes. I did not include any hydrogenated waxes.

I have the list in an Excel spreadsheet so it won't upload here. I can link to the FB group if the Admins say that it is okay.

So, I presume this is specific to USA. We have new people from all over the world.
This should be in shopping recs not the beginners forum. moved

If you are contacted by a pm you can give the FB link to the members.

Latest posts

Back