Super Stong Stinky Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7053joanne

Reaction score
As an EO person, i decided to expand my horizons and try using FO. I measured out my FO (less than what was recommended), mixed it in, let me soap gel and then unmolded it. Boy oh boy is it stinky. My whole basement (ie drying and storing room) reeks!!!! Maybe I'm just so used to the soft smells left over from the EOs that my nose is rebelling.

Any thoughts? I'm hoping that with time the scent will soften....otherwise I'm stuck with 4 pounds of very STRONG smelling soap. BOOOOOO!!!!!! :cry:

or....is there anyone that loves strong soaps and would like some? :wink:

Joanne

Hi!

Fo's will often soften with cure - but each one is different. You'll have to test each scent to get the desired strength just as you would EO's.

I totally agree with Marr. Some FO's will soften, some will strengthen with cure. I depends on the FO, the supplier and a bit on the recipe and oils used. I personally like a strong scented soap, but others do not...

Paul

I used some in the shower this morning and was trying not to breath real deep.....I had visions of my knocking myself out with the scent....not how I want to start my day (I'm sure my husband would be less than amused too) :oops: Gotta laugh :lol:

God help me if the scent strengthens!!!!

joanne

What scent is it & where did you get it? Maybe someone has experience w/ that one in particular.

BTW: I only want scents that will knock me on my butt & last a while. I have no use for lightly scented soaps. There is a market for both.

I can't think of where I got it off the top of my head but I think it was called green garden...or something like that.

Joanne

Latest posts

Back