Super excited. finally placed my order!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamagirl

Reaction score
:mrgreen:

I am so excited, I finally placed my order today for my scales, stick blender and lye! Now as soon as Christmas gets here, I will be soaping. Trying to contain myself and keep the things I want to try to a minimum, but boy it's hard. I want to make soap, shampoo bars, lotion bars, mechanics soap. Can you tell I am excited to start my new addiction????

Woot, let the addiction begin! Any other goodies/supplies you've been wanting to try? If you post a wish list maybe Santa will include some extras in with the silicone molds that are headed your way ;)

Woot, let the addiction begin! Any other goodies/supplies you've been wanting to try? If you post a wish list maybe Santa will include some extras in with the silicone molds that are headed your way ;)

Again, thank you so much!!!!! I plan to hold off on trying any fragrances or colors for awhile, just want to make sure I have a good understanding of things before I go experimenting :) Plans are for a simple recipe only using lard, coconut, olive, and castor. Like I said, that's the PLAN, now whether I stick to it, only time will tell.

Again, thank you so much!!!!! I plan to hold off on trying any fragrances or colors for awhile, just want to make sure I have a good understanding of things before I go experimenting :) Plans are for a simple recipe only using lard, coconut, olive, and castor. Like I said, that's the PLAN, now whether I stick to it, only time will tell.

Just checking because I can be a major enabler of FOs and micas! You are very wise to start simple and get your recipes down pat first before playing with colors/fragrances. That way you'll know what's normal behavior for your recipe because some additives will summon the soap gremlins. Maybe I'll just toss in a few soapy treats as a temporary 'soap fix' until your first batch is ready to test!

And yes grocery shopping will take on a whole new meaning when you hit the oil aisle . . . plus every suitable looking container will be eyeballed to see if it can be used as a soap mold :)

Thanks for all the replies and even though I haven't made my first batch, I'm already addicted (is that even possible?). When I go down the oil aisle I look and when I get home, I search the forums to see what people have said about a particular oil I seen that day. It's crazy I tell ya, pure madness!!

But on a more serious note, thanks to all the wonderful people who have answered my questions and guided me along. This is the most helpful and friendly group of people and it is very nice having a forum to look things up.

Just checking because I can be a major enabler of FOs and micas! You are very wise to start simple and get your recipes down pat first before playing with colors/fragrances. That way you'll know what's normal behavior for your recipe because some additives will summon the soap gremlins. Maybe I'll just toss in a few soapy treats as a temporary 'soap fix' until your first batch is ready to test!

And yes grocery shopping will take on a whole new meaning when you hit the oil aisle . . . plus every suitable looking container will be eyeballed to see if it can be used as a soap mold :)

You are so kind and I do appreciate it!

I do find myself looking at containers and saying hmmm wonder if I could use that? lol

You are so kind and I do appreciate it!

I do find myself looking at containers and saying hmmm wonder if I could use that? lol

I've learned so much on this forum and just want to pay it forward in some small way. I also hate to see things wasted or tossed aside when someone else may find them useful. So it makes me very happy knowing my old molds will have a new home where they will be used and loved!

You will soon understand what we mean about soap & soaping supplies taking over the house. Sharing supplies and gifting soap just means more room for new goodies so our motives aren't entirely selfless! In addition to eyeing containers for mold potential, you'll also start thinking about other grocery items as soap additives. Spices for colorants, tea/coffee/milk substituted for water and fruits/veggies that aren't getting used quick enough can be pureed . . .

I can barely contain myself :). Yesterday I got my scales and stickblender in the mail and today the lye came and I am giddy with excitement! I also picked up some mixing bowls and silicone spatulas at the dollar tree (ugghhh forgot the goggles, so got to go back), so I almost have everything and it is going to drive me mad I tell ya, knowing it's sitting there waiting on Christmas! So, to pass the time, I read the forums and watch soaping videos. See, I haven't even made my first batch and am already addicted.

My scales and supplies are *technically* a Christmas gift, I just got to pick it out.

Latest posts

Back