Super Creamy Soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverFox

Reaction score
Oh man!

I made a batch of goat milk, shea butter, mango butter, olive oil, coconut oil, beeswax, sugar, palm oil, castor oil, sweet almond oil, and Oatmeal, Milk & Honey FO (I think that's everything) soap yesterday and HAD to test it out today. I simply have no patience lol. I didn't get zapped so off to the shower it went with me.

This is the CREAMIEST and most luxurious soap I've made yet! This is my 8th or so batch and I am in love with it! I can't wait to see how well it performs in 4 weeks!

I would LOVE to use Mango Butter, I've heard so many wonderful things about it! I'm allergic to mango - can't eat them. I haven't mustered the courage to test an itty bitty bit to see if I react to it on my skin.

ooooh, will you please post pictures? it sounds fantastic! i'm deathly alllergic to mango too, had to have 911 called a year ago when i unknowingly ate just one bite in a himalayan restaurant -- scariest incident i've ever had. but screwed up my courage a month ago and made soap with mango butter -- it's wonderful stuff, and didn't harm me! good for you for trying such a great recipe so early in your soaping career!

Deda,

You should try a tiny little bit for an allergy test. I love mango butter in my creams. I haven't soaped with it yet because I've been trying to use up some shea. But it is on my list of things to do. (Yeah, that list, the super long one that I'll never really get to until I retire :lol: )

Thanks everyone 8)

We've been tearing down paneling in our house so I haven't had a lot of extra time.

The soap isn't anything fancy but I'll snap a photo soon. It's a yellowish color from the beeswax and unrefined shea butter.

I have to make an unscented batch for my mom. She is very sensitive to synthetics. But I'm sure she's going to love this soap!

LOL, the paneling came down pretty easily. I'm very pleased! Although....now we've moved on to knocking out some walls! Hah! Well, we're making two half walls to allow more light into the house. Our floor plan is very closed off and it feels so dark.

And to think, this was only supposed to be a paint job! LOL.

*Going to go take pics of soap*

Super Creamy Soap

I am deathly allergic to mangos in any form...even picking a whole one up can trigger my allergy....and yet, by some miracle...as long as I don't taste my soap....I can use mango butter, in moderation, in my soaps. In fact, all the soaps I make for myself especially have mango butter in them. I live in a dry climate, at high altitutde, have super hard well water and am pushing 70 years old...so very mature skin, to say the least. Mango butter is my absolute favorite soap ingredient....go figure...

So, Deda, give it a try!

Here's a couple photos:

It has darkened to a light brown & you can see where I still got a little bit of gel. I don't even care though :) I still LOVE this soap!

Thanks ;)

It's currently morphed to a brown color. I think it's the OMH FO. I don't mind the color though.

Latest posts

Back