Sunburn!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sanghama said:
when my son got sunburnt on school camp a few years ago, I tried potato juice on his blistered skin (lots of sun down under LOL). It worked really well, he complained of the cold a few minutes later :)

you can put ordinary potatoes through a juicer, or just grate them and soak up the juice on a thin cloth, then put on the skin.

Takes the heat out almost instantly, and helps calm the redness - keep reapplying until the skin is cold. Then I follow up with aloe vera, etc.

We have an Australian bush flower remedy called "mulla mulla" that works on heat afflictions - maybe you have a similar one there?

just be careful using alot of potato juice, its got a lot of Butyric acid (sp?) in it which kills skin after prolonged exposure (also why potatoes are sort of toxic raw)...actually another use for potatoes, you can skin it, then apply the skin to a wart with a piece of duct tape to keep it in place, keep changing the skins 2x's a day for 4 weeks and the wart will fall off....its better than Dr. Scholls! :)

IanT said:
then apply the skin to a wart with a piece of duct tape to keep it in place, keep changing the skins 2x's a day for 4 weeks and the wart will fall off....its better than Dr. Scholls! :)

I think the duct tape removal alone would excise the wart fairly well. :shock:

Digit

lol youd be suprised...duct tape is strong but I havent had it rip skin off...and your talking to someone who used to run around the house with my lil bros and all duct tape eachother to the floor to see who could escape first lol... yeeeeeeah... if you ever want to get soemone in duct tape so they cant get out...hands taped to the feet behind the back and then a strap of tape to the hair... I learned that one the hard way, you put your head down and it rips your hair out , lol...ayeeee...childhood memories

Back