Suggestions for Having Labels Printed & Design Help?

Discussion in 'Labels and Packaging' started by McLasz, Sep 10, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Sep 22, 2018 #21

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

In publisher just format with the size band you want.

2. Sep 22, 2018 #22

Misschief

Misschief

Misschief

Supporting Member

I will add one thing to this thread. If you'll be printing them at home, Publisher is fine. If you're going to be taking your file(s) to a print shop, be aware that not all print shops support or even have Publisher installed on their systems. Save as or export to pdf. Actually, it's a good idea to export to pdf anyway, once you have your label finalized.

3. Sep 22, 2018 #23

Suzy Knight

Suzy Knight

Suzy Knight

I use Vista print. I get 24 1.5"round product labels for "4 plus shipping. I usually have a bunch of different labels made up at once.

4. Sep 23, 2018 #24

BlueIris

BlueIris

BlueIris

I have been printing my own on sticky labels, but wanted to try something new. The cigar band idea is good and I have seen it before at craft markets, so I am going to try that with my holiday soaps.

MKLonestar likes this.
  5. Oct 5, 2018 #25

SideDoorSoaps

SideDoorSoaps

SideDoorSoaps

The thing about printers for home use is that sometimes the printer can’t accommodate the thickness of the paper and the labels don’t come out that great. If you can find a way to adjust your print settings your labels might be just fine.

I buy blank labels from online labels like a lot of people have mentioned. I also lay out my own labels and save to pdf and then use acrobat to print my labels by page number to maximize my label sheet. Avery online can do this as well with printing a certain number at a time. Check out printplace or smartpress which are better online printers than vistaprint. I work at an advertising agency and we print thousands of brochures and postcards, etc professionally.
    IMG_3631.JPG
    These are my labels printed on kraft paper from online labels from my HP Laser. I trim them down and stick them on muslin bags my soaps are in and they work fabulously. I was so tired of taping the ends of my cigar bands.

MKLonestar, Lin19687 and Misschief like this.
  6. Nov 28, 2018 #26

Ginger Aneshansel

Ginger Aneshansel

Ginger Aneshansel

Good day friends, I did my cigar bands by following a link on this forum, I am pleased as I am just now learning soap biz., I am so glad that I joined this soap making forum group