Suggestions for custom silicone mold fabricator

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryWaldman

Reaction score
My soap making business is at the point where I'm ready to invest in a custom mold to standardize my products. We have bees, so I'm looking for a hex shape. Each finished bar would weigh 5 oz.

I know my exact dimensions and have made a demo out of wood, and one out of Super Sculpty. Now I need to find a mold fabricator because I really don't want to do it myself. Suggestions?

Particulars:

- a 12 bar mold of heavy duty silicone, similar to Brambleberry 12 bar round silicone mold. Single molds would be a hassle, but is that what I'm looking at?

- my budget is about $125, but for that I'd like at least four molds of 12 bars. Realistic?

Maybe try Etsy? I've tried googling around for it, on a much smaller scale, and I found it would be better to buy the silicone and do it myself. If you've already got the positive, that's 75% of the battle right there!

These people are local to me and they were very helpful when I asked them my questions.
http://www.bhamrap.com/silicon-rubbers/

I haven't actually tried it yet, though!

Making my own is the last resort, but this is a nice site and if they are helpful it might be the best way to go.

I wonder who needs a life-size silicone rhinoceros mold.

Latest posts

Back