suggested fragrance oils for goat milk soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

celticjanis

Reaction score
Just wondering....what fragrance oils (scent and company) do you recommend for Goat Milk Soap? I've found that many don't "come through" the milk after curing etc.
I currently use: BB lavender - which is great!
BB Sage & Lemongrass
BB Grass Stain
Any other suggestions, thoughts, or ideas?
Thanks!

I've not had any fragrances that didn't work in any milk soaps. I use goat, coconut and buttermilk in all my soaps and have not had any fragrance not work. So I'm no help. I use fragrances from Nature's Garden, WSP, Brambleberry, mad several others. Are you using enough fragrance?

Last edited:
I made a test batch with BB powdered goat's milk and used BB Honey Beeswax FO. It went very dark and the fragrance is terrible - one reviewer on the BB page equated it to a urinal cake and that's pretty much spot on. It has only mellowed slightly with curing. The chemical notes are overpowering. I formulated according the fragrance calculator for light.
I was disappointed because we raise bees and I really wanted this scent to work in our soap. I also tried it in my beeswax lotion and again just terrible.

I love Oatmeal Milk & Honey FO from WSP, for milk soap. It does turn the soap dark though, because of the vanilla content.

I had to look into this, too. Some fragrance oils from various suppliers will smell off to terrible with dairy milks. They just don't work and you'll be wasting all your ingredients when you have to throw the batch out. I have not had this happen with essential oils or the obvious OM & H scents.

Hi Phillipa-Jane,
This post is 2 years old and OP hasn't been here for 9 months. Please checkout the stickies for forum policy, especially "necroposting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back