sugar vs honey

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandnew

Reaction score
ok honey causes sweating and some people use sugar instead...how much would you use for a 2 lb batch and if honey (i think) is soothing for the skin, what qualities does sugar have?

Sugar is used around 2 to 3 teaspoons per pound of oils. Supposed to increase the bubbles I believe. I did use sugar in my first batch but since its curing and I'm not crazy about the scent, I havent tested since I cut it. I can say that I thought the bubbling action then was pretty awesome.

I've never had a problem with honey causing sweating as long as I stuck to 1 TBSP/lb of oils and made sure it was mixed completely in.

As for sugar, like it was already said, it's supposed to help increase bubbles.
There are a few ways to do it. I don't do it anymore, but here's a link on how to do it
http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/tipst ... tsugar.htm

I take enough water from the liquid amount, warm it and stir the honey in it. I let it cool down and then I add it to the oils after I've poured in the lye solution. I've never had a problem with sweating. This is also the way I add sugar into a batch.

Latest posts

Back