Sugar Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteLyeSoapCo

Reaction score
I love the salt bar recipe Paul posted, but has anyone made sugar soap and what type of sugar brown or white or both?

Any input would be appreciated.

Chancelor at etsy sells sugar soap & it may be my fav soap ever. It is very scrubby & I LOVE scrubby! She uses white sugar, I don't know the % htough & she is on maternity break right now.

Awesome thanks!. I never been one not to experiment, but..... I wanted to make sure there were no obvious side effects of using white sugar.

Thanks Tabitha

WhiteLyeSoapCo said:
Awesome thanks!. I never been one not to experiment, but..... I wanted to make sure there were no obvious side effects of using white sugar.

Thanks Tabitha

:) Unless someone gets an urge for sugar and they eat it! lol.

RoRo

I've dissolved sugar in my lye water. One Tbsp goes in well; more than that and it seems to just sit in the bottom. But it does seem to make bigger bubbles in the soap lather. I think honey does too, and it dissolves better, so I've switched to honey.

If I want scrubby soap, I use oatmeal or cornmeal, or both.

Let us know how your sugar soaps work for you!

I made whipped soap and added the sugar to the end of the batter with the fragrance. I used 2 oz of sugar and it seems to have turned out neat. With the bar being whipped it looks very like a desert.

Here are the photos.

ssed1.JPG

Is it scrubby like a pumice stone? I want a soap like the one in the nail shops.. the scrubby thing

That is nice!

smelli- it is mildly scrubby, but if you added more sugar i think it would be hard and scrubby. I'm not sure if it would turn out the texture of the stones at the nail shop.

Latest posts

Back