Sugar skull bubble bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've never been a pro at bubble bars but finally found a recipe I could work with, not too sticky and doesn't take days to dry. Made these yesterday afternoon and by this afternoon they were firm enough to paint with mica & rubbing alcohol. I made sure to pick a non-discoloring FO for this project . . . used Yuzu & Cocoa from Nurture and now I want to eat them they smell so good!

1475442903107.jpg

Thanks Shari! I did get the mold at Michaels but heard there are smaller versions available that work better for bath bombs. This mold is like a big cookie cutter then after cutting you flip it over and press the pattern into the surface of the dough.

I made another batch of sugar skulls and wanted to share. Also used a different recipe and finally got perfect rolled bubble bars plus 2 baby ice cream scoops! Guess I'll have to scrub the bathtub so I can test them out :rolleyes:

1478476926261.jpg

1478476938274.jpg

I'll try to get some pics of the bubbles when I tub test them. Also had to laugh about a review on the blue sugar skulls . . . Gave one to a friend for a birthday gift and she said it smelled so good she ended up washing her dog with it too!

Latest posts

Back