Sugar Scrub Cube/soap melting help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBandCW

Reaction score
Any suggestions as to how to melt my cp soap to put in sugar scrub cubes? I only got about half of it to melt. I shredded it, melted it with my oil/butter combo. This was my first attempt and an utter failure. The recipe I followed was
1 part oil/butter
2 parts soap
3 parts sugar
The recipe didn't state if it was by weight or volume, I did volume.
Had plenty of time to set up too!
IMG_1188.jpg

I've never made sugar scrub cubes, but I have melted CP.... well, close enough anyway. :razz: . CP's not exactly 'melt-able' in my book, like MP is, but adding moisture definitely helps things at least come somewhat close enough for the likes of me (makes it much more workable/moldable).

How old were your soap shreds? The older they are, the more moisture you'll need to add to help them melt down better.

For what it's worth, this is what I do when I rebatch old CP shreds: before trying to melt them down, I spritz them well with water from a spray bottle and toss (like tossing salad) to disperse the water evenly amongst the shreds. Then I cover over them with plastic wrap and leave overnight so they can soak up the moisture. Then I heat them the next day.

IrishLass :)

I have used the microwave in the past for making that particular sugar scrub. You will have to watch it closely and stir it down as it melts and bubbles up. Never sold well so I quit making them.

I think I'm gonna stick with sugar scrub in a jar for now. It turned out great and my testers are really liking it. I'll leave the sugar cubes for another day.......:neutral:

Thank you, I appreciate the reply!

Latest posts

Back