Sugar Scrub Base

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxabox

Reaction score
Hello,

I have not yet made a batch of sugar scrub. I'm just starting to receive shipments from the ingredients I ordered. I know there's probably going to be a lot of trial and error with sugar scrub making mostly in just the oil base so I want to try to eliminate as much potential error as possible. I am terrible with math and science but I can follow instructions and recipes very well. I just need to figure out a good recipe for the ingredients I have. I found a base that can be ordered and I have 90% of the ingredients of this base (only ingredients I don't have are Vitamin A and Grape oil) and I will be using avocado oil as a carrier oil. https://www.elementsbathandbody.com/Perfect-Scrub-Suspension-Oil-Base-Paraben-Free.html

Is there anyone that knows how to make a recipe out of what the ingredients are in that base oil for a 8oz finished product?

Ingredients I have are:

Safflower oil
Sweet almond oil
Avocado oil
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
Vitamin E oil
Evening Primrose oil
Polysorbate 80
Jojoba oil
Shea butter
Sorbic Acid

....how do I make a recipe out of that or can someone help me make sense of the ratios? Who would've thought this would be the most stressful part of scrub making? Lol.

You posted this exact same question previously. Have you done any research with what I shared.

Wholesale supplies plus has a batch calculator that can help change measurements into percentages. So you can figure out other recipe percentages and adjust them with your choice of ingredients.

Latest posts

Back