Sugar Cubes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ewenique said:
I used a candy mold for these, and they turned out so cute! The soap part of the sugar scrub is from a vanilla coffee soap. The brown flecks really added to the seashells. Since I didn't add any more fragrance,so the scent is very subtle.

URL=http://img101.imageshack.us/i/shellssugarscrubresized.jpg/]
shellssugarscrubresized.jpg
[/URL]

the seashells are gorgeous, and so are the stars! mayren, i hope you're proud of your flock, you've really been an inspiration! :)

i just made a batch with imperfect bars of corona beer with lime. tried more of the ones i've made in the shower today, and i think my favorites are the ones made with salt bars -- the scrub is to die for! my DH was bellowing from the other room "what in the world are you doing in the shower, you've been in there forever!!!"

i'm calling them sugar shmooshie smoochies. from all reports from peeople i've given them to, they're a hit! :lol: :lol:

ewenique said:
I used a candy mold for these, and they turned out so cute! The soap part of the sugar scrub is from a vanilla coffee soap. The brown flecks really added to the seashells. Since I didn't add any more fragrance,so the scent is very subtle.

URL=http://img101.imageshack.us/i/shellssugarscrubresized.jpg/]
shellssugarscrubresized.jpg
[/URL]

That is one fabulous bunch of scrubbies!! You're a genius!!

Those look great!

I am running out of old soap :lol: I think I will make a batch of hp today for more sugar cubes.. My friends love them!

Stacey, yours with 1/2 Jojoba. Are they soft? My first ones were with jojoba and they were pretty soft

What I love about making these smooshie sugar scrubs is that you can "recycle" those little scraps of soap left clinging to the mold. No waste. Plus the scrubs are soooo nice to use. This thread has been such an inspiration! Thanks to all for sharing and for your kind remarks.

Jezzy said:
Those look great!

I am running out of old soap :lol: I think I will make a batch of hp today for more sugar cubes.. My friends love them!

Stacey, yours with 1/2 Jojoba. Are they soft? My first ones were with jojoba and they were pretty soft

I don't think so. The first batch I made had less than 1/2 shea butter (maybe a 1/4 or so) and those were really mooshy. I didn't like those as much. These with the 1/2 shea hold their shape really well. You can still moosh 'em though. They aren't hard or anything. Just firm.

Lesson learned for my 2nd batch was that I had to "cook" the shreds longer than I did for the 1st batch. I had small soap hunks in the first batch. Lumpy scrubs. Not a good thing. :roll:

The sea Shells Scrubs are completely amazing!

You guys are doing so many awesome things with the scrubbies!
Keep up the great work!

Mayren said:
The sea Shells Scrubs are completely amazing!

You guys are doing so many awesome things with the scrubbies!
Keep up the great work!

this is my first try at uploading an image, so crossing fingers! this is a batch i just made with french green clay lemongrass salt bar. i loooove these babies! especially with the salt bars.

****! now how the heck did i manage to make that image so genourmous!!! :cry: but i do gotta say, my droid 10 takes better photos than my old digital camera...

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4366 ... babies.jpg

[/img][url=http://img545.imageshack.us/i/....us/img545/4366/greenclaysaltbabies.jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

well I tried (key word here tried) to make some this weekend, didn't use enough sugar and they just stuck inside the molds. Ended up digging them out. might give it one more try but if it comes out the same then these will just be something I won't be making....LOL

I love the sea shells.

With or without enough sugar / salt if you freeze them long enough then they will pop out of almost any plastic, glass, metal, or silicone mold.

Hth?

Great recipe and idea! :) I must have made 8 different batches with various oil/butter/fragrance/color combinations in the last 2 days.

I could have sworn I saw another similiar recipe on this thread. Where did it go? I'd like to try that one too.

gave it another try, and the results were much better.

I used fresher soap.. :oops:

I just used my soap + Sal butter, sugar ( I think I can use more, now that I've gotten over the hurdle of making them) color and didn't add any fragrance as the soap had some lavender eo in it.

So will continue to play until I get a receipt that I like.

Thanks again for sharing, this is going to be wonderful for my skin this winter.

I wish I knew how to post pictures but haven't had luck with it.

edited to correct name of butter used

Hi Jan!
I, too, have taken to using soap shreds, shea butter, and sugar in my recipe. I have had some success, but my latest attempt last night was a failure. I could not get them hard enough to release from the molds without falling apart, or smooshing into a blob. I am using a mini-brownie mold and 6-pointed flower (snowflake?) mold from Wilton.

I do love the feel of the sugar as a scrubbie. So will continue to fool with these until I get it just right!!

Thanks again for the incintive to jostle with these - a nice addition to my soapmaking hobby (read: I have lots of soap shreds!!).

Soaplady22 said:
Hi Jan!
I, too, have taken to using soap shreds, shea butter, and sugar in my recipe. I have had some success, but my latest attempt last night was a failure. I could not get them hard enough to release from the molds without falling apart, or smooshing into a blob. I am using a mini-brownie mold and 6-pointed flower (snowflake?) mold from Wilton.

I do love the feel of the sugar as a scrubbie. So will continue to fool with these until I get it just right!!

Thanks again for the incintive to jostle with these - a nice addition to my soapmaking hobby (read: I have lots of soap shreds!!).

i've been using shea and coconut and a LOT of sugar. they're really hard and keep their shape, but crumble really nicely in the shower for scrubbing. everyone who's tried them loves them!

I've recently made a ton of cubes up for charity and have some left over. My friends and family will be getting previews of their holiday goodies because i don't want to let these guys sit around.

I think I will be switching over to shea for the main holiday batches
since it's so good for colder weather.
My skin is happy with the sugar exfoliation about once per week too.

I truly need to make a really hard set of cubes up for feet too.
I should go find some Kokum butter for the feet.

Oooohh...I just made some salt cubes with shea...I don't like how shea smells but it sure doesn make a nice cube with salt. I'm thinking I like the salt better..it held it's shape more...kinda like a little scrubby bar.
Next couple days I'm going to see what mango butter does and cocoa butter with salt.

I gave my family and girls at work some to try. My sister left hers in her car for a 3 day trip to NY and then a couple more days while home. Then when the family was talking about them she says her's weren't nice at all, they were all melted and mushy in a great big blob! Guess I should have one of those signs on them like.....don't use hair dryer in the bathtub or use this curling iron while sleeping. Geeezz...some people.

Back