Successful rebatch?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
I added the question mark coz right now it's still too soft and I'm not sure it'll ever harden. I most probably added too much water. The good side is, it's smooth lol you might notice I even tried some in the pot swirls.

This was the loaf last night. My mold was an empty milk carton and I didn't tear it off for several days. I finally did last night coz I figure the more it's exposed to air and the faster it might harden?
_20181111_090412.JPG
This was molded in a margarine tub. You can see where some parts still stuck, even after I put it in the freezer (hence the sweat). It slid out really well though and I like the shape..
_20181111_090541.JPG
And lastly, a cut bar from the loaf. I left it out the mold overnight and decided to try cutting this morning. It's still a bit like soft mozzarella cheese slightly spongy and you can probably tear off pieces too lol
_20181111_090346.JPG
The "embeds" are soap pebbles from a high coconut soap that went wrong. Most of it melted but some did not want to break down at all.. Looks like cement embedded with little pebbles hehe

On the whole I think I understand the process of rebatching. I find that I don't mind it as much since after the baby and the whole house sleeps and chores are done I have time, a little me-time, even if it's just watching soap and stirring like crazy lol
Next time I'll put much less water. Next on my list is how to get a dark soap with activated charcoal. This is the darkest I ever got, aside from my soleseife but even that was only dark grey.

I did a rebatch last night. It faught like crazy to stay in the mold. On fact, I still have one just sitting there, glaring at me. I can hear a little, "nah-nah-na-nah-nah. Coming from my kitchen.

I added sunflower and olive oil, dry milk and cocoa powder. I'm loving the silkiness and lather just while rinsing it off my hands!
1111180704.jpg

It will eventually harden. Might take awhile and will most likely warp some but thats ok.
I'm prepared for warping as I read here that's a tendency when you use too much water.. I really do hope it hardens, at least to more than it is now.

I did a rebatch last night. It faught like crazy to stay in the mold. On fact, I still have one just sitting there, glaring at me. I can hear a little, "nah-nah-na-nah-nah. Coming from my kitchen.

I added sunflower and olive oil, dry milk and cocoa powder. I'm loving the silkiness and lather just while rinsing it off my hands!View attachment 33137
LOL!
Literally laughed out loud and found myself singing haha
Your rebatch sounds luxurious! And looks slightly similar to how mine ended up. We're your bits n pieces intentional? Mine were a result of impatience and worry that I might overcook my soap.

I'm prepared for warping as I read here that's a tendency when you use too much water.. I really do hope it hardens, at least to more than it is now.

LOL!
Literally laughed out loud and found myself singing haha
Your rebatch sounds luxurious! And looks slightly similar to how mine ended up. We're your bits n pieces intentional? Mine were a result of impatience and worry that I might overcook my soap.
Lol for me rebatch is tossing every trim or every bar of "I hate this soap!" I have in the studio. I've rededicated my cheese grater to the cheese. I just throw chunks and bars into the crock pot and let it melt. Can you say lazy? I kinda like the confetti in my soap!

Lol for me rebatch is tossing every trim or every bar of "I hate this soap!" I have in the studio. I've rededicated my cheese grater to the cheese. I just throw chunks and bars into the crock pot and let it melt. Can you say lazy? I kinda like the confetti in my soap!
I got lazy too.. If I didn't I'd have grated these more. The mix of scraps I had wouldn't make a great confetti soap in terms on color so I resigned myself with a more stone like appearance then thought I'll dump charcoal in to get at least a uniform black but noooo.. In my case, the charcoal did the singing lol

I like the confetti in yours too :)

Back