Success! Slice pics of grapefruit poppy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainycityjen

Reaction score
Follow-up to my post about finally getting the courage to soap ... my panicked pouring gave me some cool dribby-drobby insides. And since it appears it didn't gel, it's very creamy, like sherbet. The grapefruit-lilac smell seems to be sticking so far as well. Yurm. (Sidebar: NDA should not call this smell grapefruit, it's pretty floral.)

Next on my wish list is a miter box...

dSGdhJ0.jpg

Very nice looking soap. When ordering from NDA, I prefer their Ruby Grapefruit F.O. It smells great!

Lovely! Not bad for a first batch. I love the dribby drobby look.

Oh! So pretty! I would buy those!

Just a word on the miter box. My sweet hubby saw how frustrated I was with cutting and bought mine. He really tries to help in every way he can, but the poor guy can't win. Make sure you get one that is tall enough to go over the soaps. Mine is about a half an inch shorter than the tops of the soap, which means I still have to try to line it up right, which never happens and all my bars end up wrong. A cutter is my next purchase. As excited as I am to see how my soaps turned out, I dread cutting them.

Oh I found your cut pictures :) This soap looks awesome! Are you sure it's your first one? :)

Those are beautiful!

My miter box is also a little shorter than my soaps. I make straight cuts by using a small carpentry square (sold right by the miter boxes) and holding it on the edge of the slot that the knife will go down. It guides the knife into the soap nice and straight.

Pretty soap!! I bought a mitre box to use as measurement purposes at lowes for 4.85 until my soap cutter from me bud came in and it helped me cut straight . I liked it before my awesome soap wire cutter came in.

Latest posts

Back