Substitue for Cera Bellina wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapsense

Reaction score
I saw what looks like a great lip gloss recipe that I wanted to try. It calls for Cera Bellina Wax. This is the only ingredient that I currently don't have. I do have Candellia Wax and Beeswax, could either of these be used instead? And if so what ratio?
edit: Just saw my horrible spelling in the header..... wouldn't let me edit it, lol

Last edited:
Hi! I tried the website above and it no longer works. Wondering if you have other articles regarding substituting Cera Bellina wax?
SwiftCraftyMonkey has moved all of her blog to a subscription-base blog. If you are a subscriber already, this link might help: https://swiftcraftymonkey.blog/?s=cera+bellina+wax

If not, then try a Google search for more information. I buy mine at lotioncrafters but BrambleBerry sells it as well, as do various other suppliers, I am sure. If you click that link, you will see a description, which says it is derived from beeswax.

Here's a youtube video on how to make your own, but I'd rather just buy it:

I honestly doubt the homemade version is actual cera bellina. The real stuff is beeswax and glycerin reacted in the presence of sodium hydroxide at high temperatures. The homemade is beeswax and glycerin reacted with vinegar in a hot water bath.

Back