Sub for Essence of Jesus by Rustic Escentuals

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homesteaders

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend either a good replacement for Essence of Jesus from Rustic Escentuals, or a blend of FO's and/or EO's that comes close? I purchased 4 oz to try back when they still had a bunch, but I only recently got around to using it for some gifts. Everyone loved it, especially the men. I tried to order more, but now they don't have it anymore because of a warehouse fire, and they have no idea when or even if production will start.

For anyone who has used this, what do you suggest? Or, what are your favorite fragrances for men? Besides this, my most popular for men are lemongrass EO and a spruce/pine blend of EO's and FO's. Bay Rum is good, too, but I've had trouble finding a consistent source. I usually like bay rum from WSP, but sometimes when I buy the larger bottles, they smell "off" even when brand new.

Lavender. (essential oil) Old and young men love lavender. Many young men love rose as well. I know - your jaw just dropped in disbelief.

They also really like vanilla notes in their fragrances. And spice - like gingerbread-ish types. Arabian Spice from BB is one I always have to keep on hand (I don't sell yet, but give a away a LOT).

Lavender EO gives me a headache and makes me feel really out of sorts for a day or so when I make soap with it. I'll give Arabian Spice a try. Thanks!

Did it accellerate trace for you? I used it to make a sample batch of soap but holy cow! It accelerated and riced. Did you experience this?

It did accelerate slightly. Didn’t rice but I was expecting it to. I think it’s definitely worth it.

Just what does Jesus smell like :rolleyes:o_O:)
Chocolate chip cookies. No wait that’s Michael the Ark Angel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just what does Jesus smell like :rolleyes:o_O:)

Perhaps he smells like sugar cookies like his angels.

upload_2019-2-16_7-17-12.jpeg

I used WSP Three Wise Men which is a frankincense and myrrh last year. It is sticking well. My hubby's favorite is BB Rustic Woods and Rum. I really like BB Cedar and Saffron too. Sandalwood (Sweet Cakes is my favorite SW) and BB Vetyver are two more I love. Right now I am testing Bergamot and Tobacco Leaf from Fragrance Buddy. It seems to be sticking well, and I really like it.

Last edited:
I used WSP Three Wise Men which is a frankincense and myrrh last year. It is sticking well. My hubby's favorite is BB Rustic Woods and Rum. I really like BB Cedar and Saffron too. Sandalwood (Sweet Cakes is my favorite SW) and BB Vetyver are two more I love. Right now I am testing Bergamot and Tobacco Leaf from Fragrance Buddy. It seems to be sticking well, and I really like it.
Have you tried 50 shades from WSP? We get it over here from eroma but the price has just skyrocketed and im looking for alternatives. It is a beautiful unisex scent but more masculine I think. It is not cologne-y at all.
My boys love it.

It’s more rounded than bay rum and the tabacco scents I have tried.

Have you tried 50 shades from WSP? We get it over here from eroma but the price has just skyrocketed and im looking for alternatives. It is a beautiful unisex scent but more masculine I think. It is not cologne-y at all.
My boys love it.

It’s more rounded than bay rum and the tabacco scents I have tried.
I have tried 50 Shades - it is very nice, but to me is men's cologne like. Several of my female friends like it though, so not strictly masculine. I don't know what to recommend in it's place. Quite a long time ago I used Rejuvenating Eucalyptus from BB which may be similar - in my memory anyway.

I have tried 50 Shades - it is very nice, but to me is men's cologne like. Several of my female friends like it though, so not strictly masculine. I don't know what to recommend in it's place. Quite a long time ago I used Rejuvenating Eucalyptus from BB which may be similar - in my memory anyway.
Don't bother with Perfect Man, then, because it is even more like men's cologne.

Back