Sub for Essence of Jesus by Rustic Escentuals

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the replies! I didn't receive notices, so I didn't know there were more replies. I will try the suggestions. I only have about half an ounce remaining. Probably not enough for another company to duplicate, but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestions!

Have you tried 50 shades from WSP? We get it over here from eroma but the price has just skyrocketed and im looking for alternatives. It is a beautiful unisex scent but more masculine I think. It is not cologne-y at all.
My boys love it.
It’s more rounded than bay rum and the tabacco scents I have tried.
50 shades is one of our favorites too, has been sticking quite well

I used Essence of Jesus for several years as a component of a blend but when they stopped selling it, I switched to Three Wise Men from WSP and it was so close to the same in my blend that my customers couldn't tell the difference. It's also very nice on it's own as a men's scents but a lot of women like it too :)

It did accelerate slightly. Didn’t rice but I was expecting it to. I think it’s definitely worth it.

FYI: I love that scent and use it a lot for shave soaps... so hot processing. Last week, I made a batch of regular CP with Spiced Mahogany. It actually behaved pretty well in the bowl with some ricing and acceleration, but then heated on me in the mold. I ended up with some small FO pockets. <grumble> I don't gel my CP and soap at room temp - this was in my standard lard-heavy recipe I've made tons of times before.

Just wanted to warn others... it's not the friendliest FO out there. That said, I'm just going to keep that batch for myself since it smells so good. I can ignore the FO bits. Next time I'll just HP it - it's worth the hassle.

Other scents for men I really like: SC Green Irish Tweed, BB Cold Water, and NG Cracklin' Birch are all really nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some frankincense and myrrh fo/eo blend from WSP and it smells so good. Woodsy and masculine. Their prices are getting up there, so I’ve been using fragrance buddy. They have awesome prices on their website and they’re on Amazon too.

http://www.fragrancebuddy.com/

I just found this fragrance oil that seems similar to what you’re looking for... Ancient Incense.
http://www.fragrancebuddy.com/Ancient-Incense-MW-Type_fragrance-3.aspx

FYI: I love that scent and use it a lot for shave soaps... so hot processing. Last week, I made a batch of regular CP with Spiced Mahogany. It actually behaved pretty well in the bowl with some ricing and acceleration, but then heated on me in the mold. I ended up with some small FO pockets. <grumble> I don't gel my CP and soap at room temp - this was in my standard lard-heavy recipe I've made tons of times before.

Just wanted to warn others... it's not the friendliest FO out there. That said, I'm just going to keep that batch for myself since it smells so good. I can ignore the FO bits. Next time I'll just HP it - it's worth the hassle.
Spicy scents give me hell as well. No pun intended lolol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back