Stupid Question on Returns

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have never returned anything on Amazon. But my impulse sealer that I bought back in November quit on me half-way through a soap wrapping session today grrrrrr....

I did a return on Amazon and they are sending me a new one. I got the label printed and all. I am going to drop it in a ups drop box. Do I have to pack it up in a brown shipping box, or can I just slap a label on the sealers original manufactures box? I almost threw that box away the other day LOL.

People laugh at me, but this is why I keep original boxes and packaging LOL..even though I rarely return anything.

It mostly depends on what your return info tells you, and how you received your package. Was it in an Amazon box? It is always better to return it in the original packaging. You can tape it up well and put the label on the manufacturer box but it is always better to put it in a plain box unless your directions tell you no packaging necessary. Assuming your return instructions instructed you to return via UPS take your package to a UPS dropoff so you get a receipt for proof of your return, which has saved me more than once when I did not receive my money back.

I don't know what one of those doohickeys are so I'd likely put it in the box and take it to the local UPS shipper. They could help you out since Amazon tends to use UPS in this country.

Some Michaels stores have UPS drop off points. You can look up on Amazon where there are local UPS drop off points in your locality. As I mentioned you must get a receipt that you dropped your return package off.

I would put it in a brown box, you want the item to stay safe and I'm betting the box it came in is kinda thin.

I just recently did an Amazon return at a UPS store, rather than a drop box. My return instructions said that I didn't need to repackage it. But I wished I had, because the guy looked at me funny. See, I thought I purchased a package of ear candles, but it turned out to be a package of large "cones" - rolling papers. Why would they show that in a search for ear candles? Dunno, but they did. The pic looked like ear candles, and I didn't read the description well enough.

Anyway, he looked at the package, looked at me, looked back it, and got this goofy grin. I said, "I totally wasn't trying to order that." Darn millennial just smirked and nodded like, yeah right lady.

I did request a receipt since it seemed like if I didn't, he might snag it to use it himself. 😂

I just did an Amazon return this week and returned it in the same packaging it came in. I had ordered a cell phone tripod with remote. It came with just the tripod and a ball joint, no cell phone holder, no remote, none of the other parts that were supposed to come with it. I was a little bummed, to be honest. I was looking forward to using it.

I just recently did an Amazon return at a UPS store, rather than a drop box. My return instructions said that I didn't need to repackage it. But I wished I had, because the guy looked at me funny. See, I thought I purchased a package of ear candles, but it turned out to be a package of large "cones" - rolling papers. Why would they show that in a search for ear candles? Dunno, but they did. The pic looked like ear candles, and I didn't read the description well enough.

Anyway, he looked at the package, looked at me, looked back it, and got this goofy grin. I said, "I totally wasn't trying to order that." Darn millennial just smirked and nodded like, yeah right lady.

I did request a receipt since it seemed like if I didn't, he might snag it to use it himself. 😂
If it's any consolation, you can always enjoy the younguns roasting us. Call it Millennial Justice, if you will. I walked into several roasty jokes from at least my daughter, though I have to use those as teaching points too.

I have never returned anything on Amazon. But my impulse sealer that I bought back in November quit on me half-way through a soap wrapping session today grrrrrr....

I did a return on Amazon and they are sending me a new one. I got the label printed and all. I am going to drop it in a ups drop box. Do I have to pack it up in a brown shipping box, or can I just slap a label on the sealers original manufactures box? I almost threw that box away the other day LOL.

People laugh at me, but this is why I keep original boxes and packaging LOL..even though I rarely return anything.
Amazon is the easiest place in the world to return items to. Go to a UPS store. They will box it and ship it for you - no cost.

Back