Stumped

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
I made this soap yesterday and I was very excited to see it cut but I am not sure why it crumbled on the bottom and the dark spots near the scraps.

I'm guessing that the crumbling and dark spots have something to do with the scraps that I used. However I've never had this problem before with confetti. I added the 2 pictures for comparison. I also think that the almond oil brand that I'm using has something to do with it.

Attachments

• 20210216_095412_compress67.jpg
    20210216_095412_compress67.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210216_094412_wm_compress54.jpg
    20210216_094412_wm_compress54.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 48
The shadowing appears to be associated with the confetti bits. Is there something in these bits that could be bleeding into the main portion of the soap?

The shadowing appears to be associated with the confetti bits. Is there something in these bits that could be bleeding into the main portion of the soap?
I thought about that and it could be the FO because the recipes are the same. I used 2 different soaps for the confetti and the only difference is the FO's of the soap.

I'm going to do another confetti soap today and I will see if this same thing happens again. However I am leaning towards the FO's in the confetti.

I've had FO bleed from one part of the soap to another part that didn't have any FO. Yours looks a lot prettier than mine, though. :)

Latest posts

Back