Stuff to use for embeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys quick question. Is it possible to use freeze dried fruits as embeds. I’m a naturalist and will prefer to have like dried flowers,dried herbs or freeze dried fruits in my natural soaps. Any advice on using them if they could be used?

For me it's all a big no. I don't want or understand weird stuff in or on my soap. Most dried flowers, herbs will turn brown and can be scratchy and leaves bits in the tub. Lavender buds look like mouse turds. I don't want or need stuff to possibly stick to my tub. I use MP embeds on my cupcake soaps when I make them. Calendula is pretty in soaps I've seen it seems to stay yellow. I use pumice, oatmeal ground finely and sometimes poppy seeds or coffee grounds. Otherwise that's it for me. I do use infused oils in my soap sometimes.

I also won't buy soap with stuff on it or in it.

It's a personal decision.

Ya-- pretty much everything turns brown. Freeze dried fruits would become rehydrated and could encourage mold to grow.

I agree that I don't like bits of things coming off or out of the bar while I shower.

I would suggest that you make your embeds out of your own soap. Look into "soap dough" here on the forum. We even had a soap challenge a while back that featured soap dough.

Or, if you just want something pretty sprinkled in, save scraps from your batches and sprinkle those into a new batch to make a confetti soap.

Ya-- pretty much everything turns brown. Freeze dried fruits would become rehydrated and could encourage mold to grow.

I agree that I don't like bits of things coming off or out of the bar while I shower.

I would suggest that you make your embeds out of your own soap. Look into "soap dough" here on the forum. We even had a soap challenge a while back that featured soap dough.

Or, if you just want something pretty sprinkled in, save scraps from your batches and sprinkle those into a new batch to make a confetti soap.
Thank you for your feedback. I do a bit of piping because I’m a baker so I’ll just have to get a couple molds and piping set I guess.

For me it's all a big no. I don't want or understand weird stuff in or on my soap. Most dried flowers, herbs will turn brown and can be scratchy and leaves bits in the tub. Lavender buds look like mouse turds. I don't want or need stuff to possibly stick to my tub. I use MP embeds on my cupcake soaps when I make them. Calendula is pretty in soaps I've seen it seems to stay yellow. I use pumice, oatmeal ground finely and sometimes poppy seeds or coffee grounds. Otherwise that's it for me. I do use infused oils in my soap sometimes.

I also won't buy soap with stuff on it or in it.

It's a personal decision.
Thanks for the feedback. Thinking about piping my flowers I do a bit of piping because I’m a baker. Any advice on making soap dough

Thanks for the feedback. Thinking about piping my flowers I do a bit of piping because I’m a baker. Any advice on making soap dough

Never made soap dough. I did cake decorating for about 7 years but haven't tried it with soap. I don't like stuff on my soap. I use a bit of glitter and swirl the top that's about it. I don't want to be fussy when wrapping 400 plus bars of soap.

Sorcery soap is basically the place to go to learn about soap dough.

Also, if you want ideas on piping on top of soap: I would highly recommend Yellow Cottage soapery on youtube.
Thank you Megan your feedback is appreciated I never made soap dough before

I love Katie's designs, but she's kind of a one trick pony when it comes to piping. For different techniques, I really like YCS and moon fern studio.

Edit: also Ladybug Lane!
We are both on the same page there.

Check out 'I Dream in Soap' Its one of the best channels I've found.
Thank you for your feedback
If you search the forum for "soap dough" or "frosting" you'll find plenty of recipes, tips, and techniques.
ok I’ll take a look

Sorcery soap is basically the place to go to learn about soap dough.

Also, if you want ideas on piping on top of soap: I would highly recommend Yellow Cottage soapery on youtube.
Never heard of it but I’ll search it out thank you for your feedback.

Never made soap dough. I did cake decorating for about 7 years but haven't tried it with soap. I don't like stuff on my soap. I use a bit of glitter and swirl the top that's about it. I don't want to be fussy when wrapping 400 plus bars of soap.
Never thought of it that way but it does make alot of sense but I’m extra and everything I like or own either have flowers,glitter or super colorful. So I’ll give it a try keeping in mind what you just said.

Back