stuck soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballininthamix

Reaction score
I made a batch of soap on Friday night and used a couple glass casserole dishes as molds. It's been awhile since a made any soap and I can't seem to remember how I get the soap out of the mold now. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I put it in the freezer for a couple hours and that didn't seem to make a difference. It's still a maybe a little soft. Do I need to let it cure more?

I just realized that I think what I've done in the past is line the casserole dishes with saran wrap or something! And I didn't line them with anything this time. Can I get it out of there without making a huge mess?

Good luck with it! I hope you get it out in one piece.Next time, try a mold made out of silicone from your local store like Wel Mart or Target in the baking section or find a plastic box that will withstand the heat of gel and line it.

well, freezing doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone have any other ideas before I start ripping this stuff out and rebatching it?

Back