stronger wax melts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

athena

Reaction score
Just a little advice please, I am making tarts with a soy pillar/container blend and using 10% fragrance oil, but how do I get a stronger, longer lasting fragrance like the companies such as Front Porch and Rosegirls get?*

Thank you in advance :)

I'm not familiar with these companies. How far does the scent throw and how long does a tart last?

The scent throw is just scenting a room approx 13 feet by 12 feet, and isn't lasting more than an hour or 2, and is quite weak..........

I'm melting wax to 80 - 85, adding fragrance, stirring for at least 3 minutes, then pouring.........

If your temperature above is Celsius and you're adding the FO at that temperature you could be flashing off your FO. Check the flash point on the FO you are using.

Just a thought.

I meant how long did these companies' tarts last.

I liked Sammi's reply. I heat wax up to approximately 165-170 F (74-77 C) to add colorant. Then I let the wax cool to approximately 160 F (71 C) and add the fragrance. I let it cool a little more - around 155 F (68 C). So, temperature might be a factor. However, these are recommended temps for the type of wax I use. The wax you use might have different recommendations.

Are the FOs specifically for wax? This might be another reason the scent isn't lasting if you're using B&B FOs. I know some B&B FOs will do well in wax because I have a couple which throw very well and last 12+ hours before they fade. However, there are some which won't work in wax so it's something you might want to check.

Sorry Hazel lol, so the other companies wax are lasting approx 3 days and are very strong.

I am going to try your temperatures, and I use a blend of 30% paraffin wax with 70% soy, does this sound right?

I also use fragrance oils that are suitable for candle making, especially soy wax :smile:

Back