Strange batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapysoapgirl

Reaction score
I made a batch of soap. The lye was a little old but it did set up and work like the soap normally goes but something weird happened. I know the fragrance accelerates so I added it at thin trace mixed slightly and then colored the bottles of soap I did not fragrance. It took only a few minutes and I checked the scented soap soon after I started shaking the colours. When I checked the soap (which was white) it had saponifies orange blobs in it. I stick blended it quickly and poured it into my moulds. Then worked on the coloured soaps.

Check out the photo but the soap app rears to have semi transparent bubbles of soap in it. The full white areas around the "bubbles" is part of the soap, not ash. Any ideas? ImageUploadedBySoap Making1486082088.597545.jpg

Rancid oils and old lye? Old FO? I really don't know, I haven't seen anything like this in any trouble shooting blogs. How does it smell, and what is the texture of the soap like, wet and dry?

It is a slab mold separated into individual bars. I added fragrance after trace.

The bars are a little powdery after curing a couple weeks but it smells awesome.

Latest posts

Back