Stove Top Heat Diffuser

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy

Reaction score
A quick question:
Has anyone got any experience with the use of a stove top heat diffuser?

I want to purchase one to use for heating oils and waxes in lieu of a double boiler.
There are many brands out there.
Please check out on YouTube- link below to see what I'm talking about:)

I don't use a double boiler. I melt oils & waxes in the microwave. Anything I do on my electric range top works about the same without adding the copper plate so I don't see the advantage of using something like that. But that's just me. I'll be interested to read what others think. :)

I have one. I think I bought it to avoid breaking a clay pot in an electric stove. It has been a while so I do not remember exactly. Now I have a gas stove and I melt all the oils together at a very low flame. I have never used it in the way you describe it though. Lotions are the only thing that require me to use a double boiler and I use a borosilicate glass bowl for that (in a pot filled with water). Is this for melting oils and waxes for soap or for something else?

I have one. I think I bought it to avoid breaking a clay pot in an electric stove. It has been a while so I do not remember exactly. Now I have a gas stove and I melt all the oils together at a very low flame. I have never used it in the way you describe it though. Lotions are the only thing that require me to use a double boiler and I use a borosilicate glass bowl for that (in a pot filled with water). Is this for melting oils and waxes for soap or for something else?

@glendam, thank you for your input:)
Some of my pots aren't made of heavy gauge stainless steel and that's the reason for wanting the heat diffuser. I'll use it for melting soap oils, and also for cooking stews, making sauces and soups.
I too use a double boiler for my lotions and creams, but I find it cumbersome due to steaming- I will purchase the diffuser and see how it fares.

Latest posts

Back