Stout Ginger Cocoa

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
stout ginger cocoa.jpg

Formulated with a gentle facial soap recipe: Shea butter, sweet almond, rice bran, olive, avocado, and wheat germ.
Boiled & frozen stout for liquid. Scented with dark chocolate FO and ginger EO. I 3D printed a mold holder so the mold will be at an exact 45 degree angle, then designed and printed the stamp as well.

The light part is unscented and uncolored. Pour the scented brown part after the light part hardened for a day.

The dark chocolate FO is from Natures Garden and it usually darken the soap a bit more, so I threw in some TD in the brown part to lighten it. Didn't really want a dark chocolate brown.
The batter was really pale at first, just barely darker than the light part when I unmold and cut so it got me worried, but it darkened after a week and I love it. Also made me realize the bleeding can be an issue if I try some other design so that's something to look out in the future.

The liquid in the mug is actually black coffee since I don't drink any alcohol lol.

Wow, I thought that was packaging at first - that bleeding from the brown into the light part created a really cool effect, I think. Cheers!
Thanks! That was unexpected but I love it as well!
I really love these!!! Now I have a use/design for discoloring FOs
I'm always wary of discoloring FOs especially the vanilla heavy ones, but I think a simple design like this works the best.

Latest posts

Back