Storing your soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherrydene soapy

Reaction score
after your soap has cured for 6 weeks how do people store them? At the moment I am just making soap for family and friends but I have definitely got the soap bug because on my day off work I make a new soap. How am I going to store them all?

I use cardboard shoe boxes with holes punched in the sides. I include 1 or 2 cotton balls in the essential oil used in the soap.
Thank you for your comment :)Do you wrap them in anything? Stack them on top of each other? As I am a newbie I am practicing using different oils to find my favourite so I am gaining lots of bars I don’t want to give them away till I try them out first but I don’t want to store them wrong x

I have the advantage of having a lot of shelf space in the coolest room in the house so the ones I'm making are just there in the open until someone needs to use a bar lol

However, when I was buying handmade soap, and they tend to sweat in this country, especially the ones with a lot of salt, I used to store them in boxes with some rice scattered about, to draw in moisture. I'm not sure if that helps fade scents faster though, coz some didn't.

after your soap has cured for 6 weeks how do people store them? At the moment I am just making soap for family and friends but I have definitely got the soap bug because on my day off work I make a new soap. How am I going to store them all?

thanks for posting this--I have been meaning to ask this myself :) and thanks for the replys

So if its ok i would like to add to this, what about long cure soaps, castille and bastille (70% evoo and higher). I have a bunch that id love to test further down the road but my shelving is limited. Id like to reserve my shelving for fresh soap but ive been testing different recipes with multiple essential oils to see how they hold up over time. Since these are long curing soaps is there an alternative to shelves that will still allow them to "cure". Does weight loss affect how soon they can be put away/stored differently?

Back