Storing or curing CP soap in the fridge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampy

Reaction score
Is it possible to store or cure CP soap in the fridge?
It is very humid where I am at the moment and since the fridge is a natural dehydrator it may help it dry out while keeping it cool.
It is a small fridge in the garage that normally only has beer in it so no problem with smell or contamination.
Any thoughts?

I cannot see why it would hurt and it certainly will help them dry out. Cure time will continue no matter where they are kept. I think I would do the same in a high humid area especialy if I had a semi vacant extra fridge in a garage.

I would not. I live in a high humidity environment, and my thought is that those bars are going to an even higher humidity environment (the bathroom), so why dry them out now? I cure mine in a spare room. No fan or anything.

I think you are also asking for warping by drying them too fast.

I dont like freezing my soap except milk, honey, fruit juices and alcholic beverage soaps, which i put on the fridge after mold for 20-24 hours.

Its mainly aesthetic issue because they get a lot of soda ash on their surface. So i wouldnt store or cure them in fridge for any reason.Thats my opinion. Ηowever freezing helps me very much on unmolding sometimes.

Last edited:
I lived in an area where it was humid, and did try a refrigerator but it wasn't much help. The cheapest and most effective solution was some unscented cat litter in a closed area. (I was lucky enough to have a rarely used closet.) I put the litter in a 24oz sour cream container, about 3/4 full and left in on the floor. The soaps were stacked above. Check the litter about every 3-5 days, as it may get soggy and need to be replaced.

Latest posts

Back