Storing Finished Soap in Freezer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsc

Reaction score
Is it possible/adviseable to store finished bars of soap that are made with oils that have a short shelf life (i.e., avocado, grapeseed) in the freezer so they don't go bad until you are ready to use them? I would like to tell customers to do this if they buy more than one bar of soap but I wanted to hear from the experts on this forum first.

Ive have some soaps that are over a year old...they haven't gone bad and i use (usually 7-8% SF). I have some with veggie and fruit puree, high grapeseed and avocado oil, they still have not gotten DOS. I do not think that the freezer is necessary.

If you are adding ROE to your shorter shelf life oils when opening you shouldn't have any need to store your soaps in the fridge. I have soaps with 15% Avocado and milks that are 4 years old or more and not gone bad. I would be more concerned with the soap absorbing stuff from the fridge making it go bad on me also adding extra moisture.

Latest posts

Back