Storing bath bombs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! May I ask...what’s a good way to store bath bombs after making them and before you sell/give them away? My daughter has begun making bath bombs to sell to friends and family as a fundraiser for an event she’s trying to go to. She’s trying to make up quite a stash of these in different styles ahead of time. I have read that if they stay exposed to air too long (we live in the rainy NW), they might react and fizz themselves out before being used. I’ve also read that if you store in certain containers, you can lose the smell. I had bought plastic storage bins from our local organization store, but now I’m worried about losing the smell of the bombs due to the plastic? I was just curious what others do and how you store them before packaging them. Or do you just package them up immediately?

My daughter and I thank you for your help and advice!

I would package in shrink wrap for storage as soon as they are dry and before placing in any plastic bins. They last so much better that way and even in dry environments they won't lose small bits and pieces when bumping around inside a container. I was in a health food store recently that had bath bombs unwrapped, but loose inside a covered glass container, and of course they were losing bits and pieces when people reached in to choose one to take out to purchase. A very bad set up, IMO.

I have seen BB trays, sort of like egg crate mattresses used in hospitals or on wheel chair seats. Well, here, I'll post a picture of egg crate foam:

eggcrate foam.JPG

Depending on the size of the BB, milk cartons might also work, but not for huge BB's.

Last edited:
Earlene, thank you SO much for your quick reply and the advice! I like the idea of wrapping each BB individually in shrinkwrap. Seems like it's a good idea for hygiene purposes, but also will keep everything intact and be less messy (no crumbling pieces each time we pick them up!). Thank you! I wonder if our local craft stores carry shrink wrap...hm...

Also, thank you for the egg crate foam idea! I'm off to search Amazon to see if I can find any! Thanks again. :)

Latest posts

Back