Storing Bath bombs to avoid humidity

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucysky

Reaction score
Hi! I can't seem to store my bath bombs properly. I tried making bb powder placing them in a twist jar, 3 days into it, it fizzed. I tried double shrink wrapping & it's starting to fizz. My bath bombs are dried in an airtight container w/ a mini dehumidifier for 48 hours.

I've been wanting to give them out as presents but I'm worried it might fizz. Btw I live in a humid country. I got a hygrometer it's about 50-70% on average w/o the dehumidifier.

I got lush bath bombs & left one uncovered beside my bomb in the jar (covered). Mine fizzed, the lush bomb didn't even get a wart. Ugh!

I don't want to quit but I'm running out of options. Help?

Here's my recipe: (i tried a lot, i'm trying to keep it simple)
*no added,water,alcohol or witch hazel

61% Baking Soda
31% Citric Acid
3% Fragrance
5% Coconut Oil

Thanks!

Perhaps try bumping up the oil content. I've experimented with my bath bombs and have one that has been unwrapped for over a month now and hasn't fizzed. I think the butters in my recipe helps hold it together.

And I also live in a very humid place with humidity about luke yours. I've also had my air conditioning quit on me a few time so I had to have the doors and windows open until it got fixed.

Are you using granulated citric acid?

Check Jeff Dorrian's video, he states you must use water and very little oil

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uCJ1duXwHg"]How to make Bathbombs[/ame]

Are you using granulated citric acid?

Check Jeff Dorrian's video, he states you must use water and very little oil

How to make Bathbombs

I use the fine citric acid. Will def watch his video.
I've added some conrflour same amout as my citric acid. It seemed to have helped a lot, but leaves my tub with a starchy residue. Its rinses out with water though but id rather look for an alternative.

Latest posts

Back