Storing Activated Charcoal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackDog

Reaction score
Mods, I apologize in advance if this isn't the right section of the forum for this question but I'm not really sure where to put it (Jon Snow joke here)

Has anyone found an effective way to store and access activated charcoal? After fooling around with it multiple times for the black and white challenge, I am beyond tired of messing with baggies. Would love an idea for something that seals tightly but is easy to scoop out a teaspoon or two without getting powdered blackness all over my hands/kitchen.

Mine is in a plastic jar. Not a perfect solution as even a smidge will make a mess, but it has to be better than a baggie. I'd too love to know if someone has a great idea.

Oh thanks DeeAnna! I just got some 4 oz squeeze bottles that will work perfectly for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good ideas, thanks guys!

I'm not keen on mixing my colorants with glycerin; it never seems to work well for me. BUT I like the idea of "master batch"-ing it. I already mix my AC with water so this would make sense. Might just have to give it a shake before using? Does anyone here already use this method for AC?

Yes, AC is a mess! I mix mine with olive oil in a flip top bottle like DeeAnna mentioned. I then store the bottle in a plastic bag in case of leaks or drips. I add several flat glass marbles to the bottle to help with mixing during shaking. You can get the beads at a hobby shop or discount variety store, but heres a pic on etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/161236...72an8ULEWDqsD3VYxQYoT8RIW5dBoeSi58aAg9u8P8HAQ

I love some of the other ideas for storing my dry powder. Even though I don't need to get into it very often now that I keep a liquid form, it would still be great to get it out of the double bag that I currently keep it in.

Latest posts

Back