Storage Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhillipJ

Reaction score
Tonight I made my 1st batch of cream. It kinda poofed up from whipping it and won't fit in all my containers. Can I freeze it untill I need more?

Also, wouldn't that help it keep for a long, long time?

Oh just force it to submit and fit into those containers..... ~giggles~

Well Phillip you did say you "whipped" it........

Ok not sure about freezing it, but then I live in the land of cold and ice and i'm sure my packages I mail out are not always kept at room temperature. And I haven't had a customer complain..........

All joking aside..... Did you add a preservative to it?

If so you should be able to put it into a larger sized container until your ready to use it. When I make up cream I often make up a larger sized master mix so to speak. Then when I need to scent it, I simply remove the amount I need, scent it and package it up.

But you could try freezing a small amount overnight and let it thaw at room temp or in the fridge and see what that does to it.

Ok second thought..... Did you use that recipe that you emailed me.... If that is the recipe that you used, then you should be ok with just leaving it in the fridge until you want to use it without using a preservative because it does NOT contain any water or other types of liquids.

Kris. I made 1/2 batch of your recipe. Sanitizing was a pain in the butt. I washed in soap & water, let the tools sit in bleach, rinsed with some of my 200 proof hooch, then heated red hot with the acetelyne torch, then did it all over again, but left out the torch the 2nd time around. So no germs.

After I mixed em all good up I added a few shots of that Germbeten II stuff. It seems ok. A little thin maybe.

Guess it don't hurt to try it in the freezer. If it wrecks it don't matter. Girlfriend won't use it anyways, probably.

Latest posts

Back