storage and display

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinybubbles

Reaction score
I have a little issue here--I do not want to load all my cured soaps into boxes in the shop, then reload into 'pretty' display boxes for vendor shows. I have a cupboard in my little shop that has doors on it, and it currently hold 16 boxes. those fit okay, but are usps boxes, and quite ugly! I want to go from cured to boxed and done!

so I've been searching high n low--my cupboard will only go 11 long box. the usps box fits great, its 11x8x5. I found these on amazon....would this work to store? look good enough to display or what else can I do? I see some pretty wicker types or wood that I'd love but ouch, I cannot pay so much per box! Ideas welcome!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GX6WGC6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3E5K6GEFSI075&psc=1

Do you wrap your soaps? The reason I ask is that if your soaps are naked and stored in a lidless container they may fade in scent a bit. If you shrink wrap, these would be fine (And cute)

Those are cute but as @msunnerstood said and then also consider that the scent from the soap Next to them may mix into others.
I had a Fruit Punch soap curing by another and it was a bit too close, now the row that was along that have a different scent then the next one over of the same scent

I store and then pack my soaps once wrapped and labeled in baseball card boxes. I put 4 of 3 different scents in the same box for my display at shows. I’ve never had fragrance transfer. I also cure them on shelves next to each other with no issues.

i keep them naked in boxes like that and pack as needed, No problem with the scent, but I never pack my soaps without opening on both sides

I keep my soaps naked as well. Scent is what draws customers to your stand. Not so hot when they all wrapped in plastic. The rule is simple - Less plastic is always better!

they are nekked, and my wraps are cigar bands. I wonder if plastic shoe box, with lids not tight or even ajar? use silica packets inside?

I have bread racks to cure on, they are all over the floor of my studio (I have a framing area and art studio) If I need the racks or floor space sooner, they can then go into a flat file I have, with a wire rack on the bottom, for more cure time. then into this cupboard. but how to keep in there? and I dont' want to transfer them yet again after this--so boxes need to be nice enough to display, take to vendor shows, etc.

Attachments

• DSCN5184.JPG
    DSCN5184.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN5183.JPG
    DSCN5183.JPG
    265.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN5182.JPG
    DSCN5182.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
okay, if leaving them in too much of an open container might not be great, what if I covered them with cloth? I was thinking to put a bandana in the bottom, and fold the ends over top the soaps while in storage or transport. would this work? I found some others similar, but a hair smaller and less costly, (would be $75 for boxes here!, the others would be half that) but if no lid and open sides are not good, i'm kinda out of options other than ugly carboard

Latest posts

Back