Stop & Smell the Roses Soap CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SozoArtisanSoaps

Reaction score
Made with rose infused organic olive oil, organic sustainable palm, coconut oil, organic shea butter, and castor oil. Rose clay added to oils and scented with Rose Garden FO from WSP. It is a really good rose scent.

stopandsmelltheroses - Edited.jpg

So, so pretty, simply wonderful, and I adore roses!
Do you mind if I ask----is it a good seller? My daughter talked me out of making a rose scented soap for gifting, because she said it was too "old-lady-ish." Scents are so personal, but I'd like to think I'm not the only one who loves roses enough to wash with the scent of them.

So, so pretty, simply wonderful, and I adore roses!
Do you mind if I ask----is it a good seller? My daughter talked me out of making a rose scented soap for gifting, because she said it was too "old-lady-ish." Scents are so personal, but I'd like to think I'm not the only one who loves roses enough to wash with the scent of them.

mzimm, I love roses too and have been on the prowl for a nice fragrance oil. I just bought some rose FOs from Brambleberry (3 no less!) to try them all. I will try to describe them to you from smelling from the bottle - please note I haven't used any of them yet (except baby rose as described below):

"White Rose" (my favourite) - I just adore OOB. There is nothing old ladyish about it at all - to my nose anyway. It smells crisp and modern with a hint of citrus. The citrus hits the nose first, then the roses. My daughter says it smells like a garden with other flowers and roses as well. I'd put a lemon tree in there somewhere too :) I can't wait to soap this one!

"Baby Rose" - pink and pretty - puts me in mind of many rose-scented soaps I've found in shops - a bit cheap/synthetic smelling perhaps. It's still quite nice but I'll probably mix it with something. I had a sample bottle of this a while back that I mixed with Jasmine Dreams FO from BB and it was very popular.

"English Rose" - Traditional roses - think English rose garden with a breeze wafting through it. Heady, floral scent - smells just like roses. Adorable.

Now that was a fun exercise, my nose is all rosy now, I feel a sneeze coming!

"White Rose" (my favourite) - I just adore OOB. There is nothing old ladyish about it at all - to my nose anyway. It smells crisp and modern with a hint of citrus. The citrus hits the nose first, then the roses. My daughter says it smells like a garden with other flowers and roses as well. I'd put a lemon tree in there somewhere too :) I can't wait to soap this one!

That's exactly the one I was going to order, as I only had their 1/2 oz sample, and I LOVE it. You & your daughter described it perfectly! I think I'll just make a test batch for myself, and see how it behaves. Thanks so much for letting me know about the others, too.

I ADORE White Rose, my favorite of all the rose FOs I've tried. Rose is always a good seller for me across a wide range of ages. This one doesn't remind me of old ladies at all, it's fresh and bright and totally summer. Can I say again, I ADORE it.

I ADORE White Rose, my favorite of all the rose FOs I've tried. Rose is always a good seller for me across a wide range of ages. This one doesn't remind me of old ladies at all, it's fresh and bright and totally summer. Can I say again, I ADORE it.

Do you call it White Rose or do you have another name for it paillo? My daughter and I were discussing what we would call a soap with this fragrance oil.

The scent I used is Rose Garden from WSP. It smells EXACTLY like my real roses that I stick my nose in and stop and smell on our property :) Not old lady-like or powdery.

I don't know if it is a good seller for me. This is newly added to our line and still has to cure. I think it will be though. I made it to try and see how it goes.

AND it soaped amazing! No seizing, no ricing, no acceleration.

The scent I used is Rose Garden from WSP. It smells EXACTLY like my real roses that I stick my nose in and stop and smell on our property :) Not old lady-like or powdery.

I don't know if it is a good seller for me. This is newly added to our line and still has to cure. I think it will be though. I made it to try and see how it goes.

AND it soaped amazing! No seizing, no ricing, no acceleration.

This is by far my favorite Rose FO!! We grow heirloom roses for their scent and I harvest the petals to use in my products. This FO is the closest I've ever found to a true rose scent without any of the 'old-lady perfume/powdery' scent and no green notes - just a true honest rose scent with great retention. And it's a dream to work with in CP!
And yes, it IS a good seller for me - I use French rose clay for a dark pink bottom layer; a dark cocoa pencil line, and just use the rest of the batter as a top layer. This FO has zero discoloration so you get a nice creamy white. I texture the tops and add some of my heirloom dried rose petals on top.

Latest posts

Back