Stop frosting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZacAdams

Reaction score
Could anybody help me, in using paraffin wax for my candles and they keep frosting. What temperature is best recommended to pour to stop frosting? Thank you.

What do you mean frosting? That is not normally a characteristic of paraffin wax, unless it's a parasoy blend.
Can you show a picture of what you mean, and we might be able to help you better.

I add my scent and dye at 60 degrees then I stir thoroughly to make sure it's all mixed then I pour. Here's a picture of the frosting and the wax I use. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 20230322_143755.jpg
    20230322_143755.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230322_143837.jpg
    20230322_143837.jpg
    920.3 KB · Views: 0
I add my scent and dye at 60 degrees then I stir thoroughly to make sure it's all mixed then I pour. Here's a picture of the frosting and the wax I use. Thank you for your help.
Ahh, that's mottling because you are using a straight paraffin. Add about 1 TBSP of stearic per lb of wax while melting and that would stop the mottling. You could also add vybar, but that's touchy and if you add too much you could bind your scent and get no scent throw.

Back