Still working on recipes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to share the last 5 batches of soap I've made. I'm still trying to figure out how to create colors without micas or oxides because I can't get them.
So far they all seem to work out, except for one batch that seems to be drying, even though it has little CO. A possible error in choosing the wrong oil in SoapCalc. Not lye heavy, just drying.
The last recipe, with lots of palm oil, canola and OO seems very soft, even after 3 days. I waited 2 days to remove it from the mold.
The oldest soap, made June 1st, is already in use and GREAT. Lots of sunflower and canola oils and no DOS. I call that success.
I've used castor oil at 5% or so in all of them.
IMG_20180914_081029.jpg
IMG_20180914_084356.jpg

I wanted to share the last 5 batches of soap I've made. I'm still trying to figure out how to create colors without micas or oxides because I can't get them.
So far they all seem to work out, except for one batch that seems to be drying, even though it has little CO. A possible error in choosing the wrong oil in SoapCalc. Not lye heavy, just drying.
The last recipe, with lots of palm oil, canola and OO seems very soft, even after 3 days. I waited 2 days to remove it from the mold.
The oldest soap, made June 1st, is already in use and GREAT. Lots of sunflower and canola oils and no DOS. I call that success.
I've used castor oil at 5% or so in all of them. View attachment 32023 View attachment 32024
The soap on top is super white! Looks

Very pretty! It looks like you do have some colored soap. Do you have access to French green clay or rose clay? They both produce soft colors in soap. Paprika can also be used to get a peach color. Carrot juice will give you an orange/yellow color. Here is a link to some natural colorants.

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com/soapcolors.html

Latest posts

Back