Still around and ready to make a wooden mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_gold_hound

Reaction score
I have decided I would be building my first mold.

I will post pictures when I am done.

Has anyone got any suggestions of things I should add?

Just so you all know I have been around just too busy to post as I have been busy getting another business started. I will be opening its doors in a week or two. Some of you know I posted and deleted a post on doing research for it on the business forum and I will not be as expensive as quoted.

I will still be around and making soap will just be watching mostly.

Good for you , it definately helps with the cost of soaping.

Kitn:who is smitten with making soap.

the one is use all the time is just plain wood, with a top, no screws or bolts, i line it w contact paper and soap just falls out, take of paper and cut. Hubby did make a cutting piece with wood slats and i use a taping knife, push down in slots, perfect sized soap every time. Good luck.

honor435 said:
the one is use all the time is just plain wood, with a top, no screws or bolts, i line it w contact paper and soap just falls out, take of paper and cut. Hubby did make a cutting piece with wood slats and i use a taping knife, push down in slots, perfect sized soap every time. Good luck.

I plan to make mine with cedar planks, I checked today and they had no good wood so I passed until the next shipment. I will be using dowels and clamps to hold it together so the whole thing can come apart. It will be variable from 1lb to 4lb so that it can hold different amounts. I plan on putting 3 holes on one end so that I can just push dowels that are pushing on a stopper for the adjustment. I may change plans but when I placed these plans into the computer it showed that it should look nice, be stackable, and easy to duplicate. I will probly find allot of I WOULD DO DIFFERENT when building it but that comes with new designs on anything.

I have some instructions, including supplies list and pics, for a really easy loaf mold and cutter. It's in Word format though and I don't know how to post them here. Let me know and I'll email them to you though.

I made one over the weekend out of 1" thick pine. It's 2 feet long and is designed to hold up to 5 lbs of soap, in 1 lb increments. I designed mine to come apart completely as well for ease of lining and removing the soap. I line it with contact paper and it works like a champ. Dowels and clamps are definitely the way to go in a design like this.

Back